Training Needs Analysis (TNA) Review the Fabrics Inc. example at the end of Chapter 4 in your course text. In the Fabrics, Inc. example, Blanchard and Thacker (201
Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
Review the Fabrics Inc. example at the end of Chapter 4 in your course text. In the Fabrics, Inc. example, Blanchard and Thacker (2019) have demonstrated needs analysis, the first phase in the training process model.
In a three-to-five-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages)
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the approach and what might be done differently using the Fabrics, Inc. example.
- Identify the sources of data used in the analysis.
- Discuss how closely the approach corresponds to the ideal model presented in the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of the assessment methods used.
- Describe at least two additional methods that could have been used, providing rationale as to why these methods could be used.
Your paper should include an introduction (a thesis statement and a preview of your paper), APA Style elements to organize and identify each section of your paper, and a conclusion paragraph including restating the thesis. An abstract is not required. Your paper must be formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. Your paper must also include citations and references for the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text and at least three scholarly sources from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library.
The Training Needs Analysis (TNA) paper
- Must be a three-to-five-page paper, double-spaced in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must be three to four pages, double-spaced (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the University of Arizona Global Campus Library’s Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 1
Hello Everyone! Introduction. The writing standard for this course is APA 7th edition, which “hit the streets” in October 2019. The University of Arizona Global Campus officially began conversion in January 2020. Recently, the university has announced this is the standard university-wide. This is what you will be graded on. Now, there are not a lot of major changes from APA 6th edition. Many make sense and I am sure APA will modify these and more. Listed below are some things to note as we move forward.
Font and Font Sizes APA 7th allows for a number of expanded fonts. However, institutions and the like can set limits. For our course, we will stay with Times New Roman 12.
Line – Paragraph Spacing
Line/paragraph spacing remains double-spaced with the line spacing controls remain 0-pt, not something else. Also, instead of two spaces following the end of a sentence, only one. I need to get used to that one myself.
Running Heads/Titles/Page Numbers
In APA 7th, there is the option for student papers and professional papers. In this course you have the option to use the professional paper approach or not. Now, if you decide to use the professional paper approach, which means a running head will be on each page along with a page number. The running head is a shortened version of the main title, is capitalized and needs to match up with the main tittle. You start with the first word of the main title, the second and maybe the third. So here, is how it looks like (cover page) in Times New Roman 12:
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 2
WHO IS BURIED 1
Who Is Buried in Grant’s Tomb: A Meta Analytic Study on 19th Century
Burial Practices in New York and Maryland
(Note – the title on the cover page is now in Bold font and a double-double line spacing between that that and the rest of the cover page information. )
Then, on every page there after in Times New Roman 12:
WHO IS BURIED 1
Then, on the fist page of the main content (at the top in bold font), the full main title is listed again.
References And In-Text Citations in APA Style
Some other items to note for APA 7th (yellow – old; green – new)
When it comes to citing sources, more guidelines have been added that make citing online sources easier and clearer. In total, 114 examples are provided in the new APA 7th Publication Manual (which you are not required to purchase), ranging from books and periodicals to audiovisuals and social media. For each reference category, an easy template is
David Hannum� 1/20/2020 12:14 PM Comment : This is in the actual header section of the paper.
David Hannum� 1/20/2020 12:15 PM Comment : Note this change
David Hannum� 1/20/2020 12:16 PM Comment : This is in the actual header section of the paper.
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 3
provided to help you understand and apply the citation guidelines. The biggest changes in the 7th edition are: (1) The publisher location is no longer included in the reference.
o Covey, S. R. (2013). The 7 habits of highly effective people: Powerful lessons in personal change. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster.
o Covey, S. R. (2013). The 7 habits of highly effective people: Powerful lessons in personal change. Simon & Schuster.
(2) The in-text citation for works with three or more authors is now shortened right from the first citation. You only include the first author’s name and “et al.”. You used to have to have introduced all contributors first and then, use the et al. tag if the citation qualified.
• (Taylor, Kotler, Johnson, & Parker, 2018) • (Taylor et al., 2018)
(3) Surnames and initials for up to 20 authors (instead of 7) should be provided in the reference list.
• Miller, T. C., Brown, M. J., Wilson, G. L., Evans, B. B., Kelly, R. S., Turner, S. T., … Lee, L. H. (2018).
• Miller, T. C., Brown, M. J., Wilson, G. L., Evans, B. B., Kelly, R. S., Turner, S. T., Lewis, F., Lee, L. H., Cox, G., Harris, H. L., Martin, P., Gonzalez, W. L., Hughes, W., Carter, D., Campbell, C., Baker, A. B., Flores, T., Gray, W. E., Green, G., … Nelson, T. P. (2018).
(4) DOIs are formatted the same as URLs. The label “DOI:” is no longer necessary.
• doi: 10.1080/02626667.2018.1560449 • https://doi.org/10.1080/02626667.2018.1560449
(5) URLs are no longer preceded by “Retrieved from,” unless a retrieval date is needed. The website name is included (unless it’s the same as the author), and web page titles are italicized.
• Walker, A. (2019, November 14). Germany avoids recession but growth remains weak. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/business- 50419127
• Walker, A. (2019, November 14). Germany avoids recession but growth remains weak. BBC News. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50419127
(6) For ebooks, the format, platform, or device (e.g. Kindle) is no longer included in the reference and the publisher is included.
APA 7th Items
APA 7th- Dr. Hannum 4
• Brück, M. (2009). Women in early British and Irish astronomy: Stars and satellites [Kindle version]. https:/doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2473-2
• Brück, M. (2009). Women in early British and Irish astronomy: Stars and satellites. Springer Nature. https:/doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2473-2
Inclusive and bias-free language
Writing inclusively and without bias is the new standard, and APA’s new publication manual contains a separate chapter on this topic.
The guidelines provided by APA help authors reduce bias around topics such as gender, age, disability, racial and ethnic identity, and sexual orientation, as well as being sensitive to labels and describing individuals at the appropriate level of specificity. Some examples include:
(1) The singular “they” or “their” is endorsed as a gender-neutral pronoun.
• A researcher’s career depends on how often he or she is cited. • A researcher’s career depends on how often they are cited.
(2) Instead of using adjectives as nouns to label groups of people, descriptive phrases are preferred.
• The poor • People living in poverty
(3) Instead of broad categories, you should use exact age ranges that are more
relevant and specific.
• People over 65 years old • People in the age range of 65 to 75 years old
Conclusion. As noted, I have included a few items from the American Psychological Associate website in this content area. Please be careful what you download via the Internet. Some of it is not properly done, even APA 7th. UAGC also is showing sources and examples too in the Writing Center. You are required, as per UAGC/ FSBT and your graduate program to do things correctly. This source document comes straight from the APA 7th Publication Manual – the official source for APA 7th. Finally, note the feedback on your papers! Thank you. Dr. Hannum
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.