Government offer to support a proposal to transfer education from both local state to state-only responsibility? Your analysis should include a discussion of the existing funding sources, current issues, as well as a supporting rationale for your recommendations.
(3) Please provide an overview of the role of the Federal Government in Transportation Financing (as it relates to State & Local Governments). What funding streams are used to finance these projects? What is the basis for the difference in level of funding between transportation modes (highways, mass transit, rail, air & water)? Identify the rationale behind the Federal involvement, and identify some potential issues in the future
(4) To help alleviate poverty, all levels of government have many specific programs in the areas of health and human services which are intended to provide a “safety net” for those who are less fortunate. Please describe three of the five programs we discussed. Include in your description as much information about the specific program as possible. Please provide your recommendation on one of these three programs as we move into the next decade i.e. should it be reformed, modified or restricted – give your rationale to support your proposal.
(5) Economic Development is a significant programmatic area in the States, as they (i.e. the States) compete against each other to attract new and/or maintain existing business in a specific state. In addition to comparison of tax rates, there are essentially two types of incentives offered by the states – please define and explain the primary differences between the two approaches. Your answer should include two examples of each. Which approach do you believe is most effective and why?
(6) Your own individual demand for public goods, the median voter theory and the Tiebout hypothesis provided us with the three elements for determining what voters/taxpayers want in terms of goods and services in their community. Please compare and contrast the median voter theory & Tiebout, and discuss how they work together in determining a jurisdictions policy priority as reflected in their respective budgets.
(7) It is well documented that the State of New York continues to lose population to other parts of the county. Given what you know regarding how state & local governments determine priorities, and how individuals indicate their preference, what are the implications in both the short and long term for policy makers in this state? What three recommendations would you make re. your own decision to movel not move to the Governor to keep college graduates in New York for the next 20 years? Please justify/support your recommendations.
(8) Tax Reform has taken center stage at the Federal Level, with Congress debating the provisions that should be enacted to “reform” the tax law for the first time since 1986. Following the 1986 Federal change, in 1987 many states enacted additional tax reforms to benefit their individuals and corporations at the State level. If you were to recommend tax policy changes in New York, what would they be? Identify two tax policy recommendations for consideration in the upcoming budget which will be introduced next year. Explain the tax you are proposing to change, what the issues are, and how your recommendations would improve the tax climate in New York. Your discussion should include how your proposed change represents good tax policy.
(9) Several states are increasing relying on revenue from gambling to generate funds for their financial plans on an annual basis. Please discuss the rationale that is used by policy makers to validate this type of revenue source, along with the issues they may face in the future. Include in your comments your observations re. impact of gaming on economic development in both the short and long term on a community.
(10) Richard Musgrave’s 3-part definition of the “role” of government provides use with the rationalization for many of the policies enacted by Federal, State, and Local governments. Please describe each, and provide an Example of a government program (or policy) that helps accomplish this role.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.