Jim Crow was a minstrel figure who acted on racist stereotypes about Black people. During the time in which this racist caricature emerged, Black people lived in what became known as the Jim
Choose one of the following topics from the unit Equal Protection: The Myth of Justice in Rereading America and write a detailed and persuasive essay. Use at least two quotes from the readings to support your ideas and document these quotes properly by using a documentation format. Your essay should be a minimum of 750 words, typed and double-spaced. Although you will just be turning in your final paper, I recommend that you do some prewriting and a rough draft. Please include a Works Cited page. Your Works Cited page can be on the last page of your essay if you have room, or it can be on a separate page.
1. Michelle Alexanders The New Jim Crow: Jim Crow was a minstrel figure who acted on racist stereotypes about Black people. During the time in which this racist caricature emerged, Black people lived in what became known as the Jim Crow era. Define and discuss the social and political dynamics of the original Jim Crow era in U.S. history that Alexander reveals.
2. Marcello M. Suarez-Orozco and Carola Suarez-Orozcos How Immigrants Become ?Other: If the decision were up to you, which of the immigrants named by the Suárez-Orozcos would you allow to stay in the United States legally? Would you grant green cards to all of them, some of them, or none of them? What is the rationale for your decision?
3. Christina Figueres and Tom Rivett-Carnacs Two Worlds: What aspects of the two future worlds described by the authors do you think humans have the least control over? The most control? Why?
4. Sheryll Cashins from Loving: Interracial Intimacy in America and the Threat to White Supremacy: In paragraph 7 Cashin stresses that Chief Justice Earl Warren viewed laws banning interracial marriage as motivated by the doctrine of White Supremacy. Why was it important for him to frame the Loving case this way instead of interpreting it as a matter of injustice or discrimination? What point was he trying to make?
5. Parker J. Palmers The Accidental Citizen: Oftentimes people relate matters of the heart as irrational or illogical while matters of the mind are perceived as logical or rational. Palmer claims he believes in the power of the human heart. Does his discussion of this belief undermine the legitimacy of his argument in this selection? Why or why not?
The correctness of your essay STRUCTURE is important. You will need to write an appropriate introduction, a clear thesis statement, a well-developed body, an appropriate conclusion, and a Works Cited page.
Collepals.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.