The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity for you to reflect on your knowledge gained in this cou
- The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity for you to reflect on your knowledge gained in this course and discuss ways you may implement utilizing affirmative practice skills applied to a given case.
- You may incorporate skills from a particular practice approach such as the techniques used in motivational interviewing or stages of change, crisis intervention, cognitive behavioral therapy, etc.
- When completing this assignment, you are to embody and take on the role of a clinical social worker.
- The practice setting can be of your choosing (hospital, private practice, etc).
- This reflection / assignment will be centered around the initial meeting between you and your new client.
- Record a five (5) to seven (7) minute video with you describing the case you selected from those cases listed below and discuss the following:
- The presenting issues in the case.
- How would you address the issues presented and why? (I.e., give rationale that demonstrates your knowledge gained in this course as well as other knowledge gained from other courses.)
- What resources you might recommend/refer the client to and the reason(s) why.
- What additional knowledge and/or skills you believe you need that would help you be most effective in the case.
- Once you have recorded and posted your reflection, review at least one (1) other classmate's video and provide constructive feedback. You may respond to your classmate in written form or by uploading a video response.
The client is a 32-year-old teacher who was referred to you by her OB-GYN. The client’s partner called the doctor and reported the client had not gotten out of bed since her last appointment the prior week. At her last appointment with the OB-GYN, the client was told she “would not be able to have children”.
You spoke with the client briefly when she called to make her appointment with you. She shared she is unable to understand what is happening. She said she always believed that if she worked hard and had love in her heart and a strong faith in God, her life would be protected and blessed, especially blessed with children. She feels betrayed by God, her faith.
Where would you begin with this client?
You have been counseling people arriving from Puerto Rico. The families you have been working with lost everything when Hurricane Maria hit including home, livelihood, and oftentimes, family members. Many of those who arrive come with only the clothes on their backs. Once they arrive in Orlando, they are given food vouchers and provided with temporary housing.
You got a call from your supervisor about a new client family (two moms and two small children) who recently arrived in Orlando from Puerto Rico and have requested to speak with a counselor. The family lost everything in the hurricane and they have been living in a nearby hotel.
*Helpful article for disaster crisis intervention care: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1489840/
The client is 39-years-old, male identifying. PGP: they/them. They work as an operating room technician at a local hospital where they have been employed for 7 years. They have always been a law and order kind of person and a supporter of the police until recently. They have recently been having nightmares and difficulty concentrating during their drive to and from work. During the last 2 months, they have been stopped 3 times by the local police even though they were not speeding or committing any other traffic offense. Each time they were let go after the officer asked about their car (a 2016 Audi convertible), ran their tag, asked about where they work, etc. During the last stop, the officer pinned the client to their car and threatened to cuff them. Since this last stop (last week) the client has been having nightmares, difficulty concentrating.
The client is a 22-year-old single mother. The client has been in recovery for 2 years. The client is seeking counseling at this time for assistance in developing “good boundaries”. The client reports she keeps getting into the same kind of relationship with the same kind of woman – one who uses her and takes advantage. She would like to learn to say no and stick with it and to understand how to be a better parent to her 8-month-old son.
The client is 65-years-old, female identifying. Her partner of 36 years died three weeks ago after a long-term illness. The client has been working with a hospice counselor but reports “it ain’t clickin” and is seeking a counselor who will “just be normal” with her. She reports she is feeling “every emotion there is” and is looking for assistance and support through this process.
The client is a 21-year-old student who was referred to you for assessment by the University Counseling Service. The client was sexually assaulted 6 months ago and since then has been experiencing nightmares, trouble sleeping, and trouble staying motivated.
You are a counselor in a local high school. You are meeting with a student who you know very little about. It is reported that this student has had a couple of small “heated discussions/arguments” but generally has never been in trouble in the past. Earlier today the student got into a fight in the middle of the lunchroom with another student. The guidance counselor asked you to meet with this student because the behavior was very much out of character. The guidance counselor shares with you that this student is “different” and sometimes gets “made fun of” for dressing “like a boy”.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.