Pulmonary Function: D.R. is a 27-year-old man, who pres
D.R. is a 27-year-old man, who presents to the nurse practitioner at the Family Care Clinic complaining of increasing SOB, wheezing, fatigue, cough, stuffy nose, watery eyes, and postnasal drainage—all of which began four days ago. Three days ago, he began monitoring his peak flow rates several times a day. His peak flow rates have ranged from 65-70% of his regular baseline with nighttime symptoms for 3 nights on the last week and often have been at the lower limit of that range in the morning. Three days ago, he also began to self-treat with frequent albuterol nebulizer therapy. He reports that usually his albuterol inhaler provides him with relief from his asthma symptoms, but this is no longer enough treatment for this asthmatic episode.
Case Study Questions
- According to the case study information, how would you classify the severity of D.R. asthma attack?
- Name the most common triggers for asthma in any given patients and specify in your answer which ones you consider applied to D.R. on the case study.
- Based on your knowledge and your research, please explain the factors that might be the etiology of D.R. being an asthmatic patient.
Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Homeostasis:
Ms. Brown is a 70-year-old woman with type 2 diabetes mellitus who has been too ill to get out of bed for 2 days. She has had a severe cough and has been unable to eat or drink during this time. On admission, her laboratory values show the following:
- Serum glucose 412 mg/dL
- Serum sodium (Na+) 156 mEq/L
- Serum potassium (K+) 5.6 mEq/L
- Serum chloride (Cl–) 115 mEq/L
- Arterial blood gases (ABGs): pH 7.30; PaCO2 32 mmHg; PaO2 70 mmHg; HCO3– 20 mEq/L
Case Study Questions
- Based on Ms. Brown admission’s laboratory values, could you determine what type of water and electrolyte imbalance does she has?
- Describe the signs and symptoms to the different types of water imbalance and described clinical manifestation she might exhibit with the potassium level she has.
- In the specific case presented which would be the most appropriate treatment for Ms. Brown and why?
- What the ABGs from Ms. Brown indicate regarding her acid-base imbalance?
- Based on your readings and your research define and describe Anion Gaps and its clinical significance.
- Include both case studies in your post.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words per case study, a total of 500 words for both, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources per case study. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers, by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response before 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates before 11:59 PM ET Sunday. NB: Responses to peers can be done on the same day, but not on the day the initial post is made.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.
Collepals.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.