Some options to consider for discussion:
- What is the definition/importance of claims, reasons/evidence, warrants, acknowledgment/responses?
- How can these help your own writing?
- Which of these different argumentative writing aspects (claim, reasons, etc.) do you feel solid about and which do you feel you struggle with?
Use the Dr. King’s “Letter from Birmingham Jail” (see attached file) to answer these discussion questions:
- What is your overall response to “Letter from Birmingham Jail”? Your big takeaways? Parts that stood out to you? Refer to specific quotes/passages.
- What seems to be King’s main claim? What might be his reasons/evidence for this?
- What does the opposing side say of Dr. King’s actions aka what is the “acknowledgment”? What accusations does MLK mention?
- How does Dr. King defend himself aka what is his “response”? What do you think is his most powerful response? Find specific quotes.
- As a writer, what tactics can you use from King in your own argument writing?
write a short personal piece on your feelings and experiences regarding conflict (which is a big part of argumentative writing), persuasive/argumentative writing (persuasive is similar to argumentative, but might not require research or the same rigorous process), and just writing in general.
Some thoughts to consider discussing:
- What has been your experience with persuasive or argumentative writing? How do you feel about this genre? Do you have a favorite or least favorite assignment you completed? Why?
- How do you feel about writing in general?
- How do you feel about conflict in general? Do you shy away from it? Love it? A mixture?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.