POLICE ISSUE You are a law enforcement officer (LEO) representing your agency, making a presentation to a group of conc
POLICE ISSUE You are a law enforcement officer (LEO) representing your agency, making a presentation to a group of concerned citizens, including the media. Your objective is to sway the audience into seeing the issue from a different perspective (that of the police).You will use a PowerPoint presentation to discuss a current issue in policing to the attendees.
Choose ONE (1) of the following topics
- Community Policing–Does it really work or is it a "feel good" program?
- Building trust with communities.
- Officer Involved Shootings: Public Perception vs. Reality
- Gun Legislation & Law Enforcement (Will increasing gun control be better or worse for police? Will it make our citizens safer? Will it reduce violent crime?)
- Are body cameras an invasion of privacy or are they necessary?
- Is profiling justified and necessary?
- Why can't the police stop the violence in Miami? (Drive-by shootings; increase in violent crime; gang violence)
- Should the police agencies investigate themselves or should outside agencies (state or federal) and/or civilian review boards be instituted?
- Should the grand jury system be used for officers accused of a crime or should it be eliminated? (What would replace it?)
- Police morale–Who cares? (Why does it matter?)
- Police corruption (from a law enforcement perspective).
- Use of Force–Is it excessive or is it being used to keep officers out of harms way? (De-escalation, minimizing; public perception)
(Be sure to address all items.)
- Briefly describe the nature of the problem/issue. (Carefully analyze the problem: myths vs. facts; pros vs. cons.)
- Discuss the history of the issue.
- Describe the extent of the problem/issue (is it an actual problem or a perception).
- Use at least two actual examples/cases to illustrate your position.
- What are the best practices in this area? (What police agencies/cities/states already use the program/policy?)
- What is the recommended solution?
- Do not base your position on personal opinion.
- Use research and statistics to support your position.
- The audience members should leave your presentation feeling more informed.
HELP FUL SITES
- Length: 25 slides
- Separate cover slide
- Separate references slide
- Do not to overcrowd your slides with information.
- Be thorough, but also be concise.
- Use bullet points to highlight main points.
- If you use graphics, be sure to condense them, so your presentation is not too large.
- PowerPoint does not require that you write full sentences or paragraphs; in fact, this will detract from your presentation.
- Your ideas must flow logically and your points should be presented in a consistent format.
- Check your spelling and use standard American English.
- Consult at least three (3) SCHOLARLY sources in preparing your presentation. (The last slide should be a "References" slide; follow APA format.
- For all course work submitted or posted, students must cite all sources of information whereas I can retrieve a copy of the source to verify it. If a book is used, the student must include the page number of where the information was taken.
- Students should not use sources that are more than 10 years old. Students should use scholarly sources via the MDC online library.
- If the professor is not able to retrieve the information, it will not be considered as a source and or the information will be assumed to be plagiarized.
- You must cite your source on each slide. Points will be deducted for not doing so.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.