Create a 4 page report that analyzes financial ratios for a company, uses the data to tell the financial story of that company, and concludes with a recommendation on whether the company would be a viable partner based on its financial condition.
It’s essential for senior management to know the financial condition of an organization in order to make strategic decisions. In this assessment, you will apply the financial management skills learned thus far.
• Tell the financial story based on financial statements.
• Conduct a financial analysis and identify focus areas for enhancing shareholder value.
• Interpret ratio computations that are meaningful and inform business decisions and strategies.
• Make three recommendations that maximize shareholder value.
Maria Gomez is founder and president of ABC Healthcare Corporation, a company that owns hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, urgent care centers, and outpatient clinics. She has called on you to review various financial documents and to make recommendations to maximize shareholder value.
You are one of Maria’s high-performing financial analyst managers at ABC Healthcare Corporation and she trusts your work and leadership.
Here is what your report should provide for Maria:
• A summary of the financial strength of the company through your analysis of the price/earnings and price/book ratios.
The CFO for ABC Healthcare Corporation assessed the market value by reviewing its price/earnings ratios. The price/earnings ratio determines the market value of a stock as compared to the company’s earnings. The price/earnings ratios are listed in the chart below. To calculate the price/earnings ratio, the CFO took the earnings per share and divided that into the market value. As an example, this means that in 2019 investors were willing to pay $12.10 for $1 of earnings.
Price/Earnings Ratio 2019 2018 2017
Market Price 83.62 83.62 83.62
Earnings Per Share 6.91 7.87 9.15
Price/Earnings Ratio 12.10 10.63 9.14
To further assess market value, the CFO looked at book value per share. The book value per share ratio is the per share value of a company in terms of the equity available to stockholders. The book values per share over the past three years are listed in the chart below:
Price/Ratio Ratio 2019 2018 2017
Market Price 83.62 83.62 83.62
Book Value per Share 199.1 209.05 226
Price to Book Ratio .42 .40 .37
The price-to-book ratio (P/B ratio) compares a firm’s market capitalization to its book value. It’s calculated by dividing the company’s stock price per share by book value per share. Here, for fiscal year 2019, the book value per share ratio was 0.42. This explains that investors were willing to pay $0.42 for $1 of book value equity. Price to book value is an important measure to see how much equity shareholders are paying for the net assets value of the company. P/B ratios under 1 are typically considered solid investments.
• Based on your analysis, what is your general perception of the company’s financial strength? Is it performing well given industry standards? How does it compare to its closest rival, HCA Healthcare? What information do you need in order to conduct such an analysis?
• Given your review, how can it maximize shareholder value? What are focus areas for enhancing shareholder value for the long term? What short-term steps might be necessary for longer-term gains?
• In your analysis you may choose to look at competitive data. You may calculate ratios to gain a true comparison.
• After conducting your analysis, provide at least three recommendations to Maria that maximize shareholder value.
Create a report that tells the financial condition of this company. Your report should provide information on the following:
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 1: Apply the theories, models, and practices of finance to the financial management of an organization.
o Analyze financial ratio analysis, trend analysis, and competitive average analysis.
• Competency 3: Apply financial analyses to business planning and decision making.
o Evaluate the provided financial statements of the firm to find its true condition and valuation.
• Competency 4: Use data to support evidence-based financial decisions.
o Develop actionable items and conclusions, based on the analysis, recommending at least three ways to maximize shareholder value.
• Competency 5: Communicate financial information with multiple stakeholders
o Tell the current financial story as to the overall health of the firm as it relates to current valuation and the future prospects of the company. Identify focus areas for enhancing shareholder value for the long term. Note what short-term steps might be necessary for longer-term gains.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.