Reading Response Rubric
Students will write a 500 – 750 – word (typically 2-3 pages) response to a course reading, in which they:
– Summarize the reading and the argument the author makes therein
– Correctly identify and clearly state the conclusion the author is advancing
– Correctly identify and clearly state the steps the author takes to advance their conclusion
– Correctly identify and clearly state any counter arguments or objections the author considers, and their response
– Analyze the authors argument and reasoning
– Correctly and clearly explain how the various steps in the authors reasoning supports their conclusion, or advances their argument
– Correctly and clearly explain the significance of the counterarguments/objections the author considers (if any) for their conclusion
– Correctly and clearly explain how the authors response to counter arguments/objections is supposed to meet and diffuse the challenge posed for their argument
– Draw out important elements of the authors reasoning, and explain how their argument could be generalized to other cases
– Respond to the authors argument. This may take the form of critiquing the authors reasoning or conclusion, or offering your own support for it.
– Clearly state agreement/disagreement with the authors argument
– If you agree with certain elements and disagree with others, specify which elements you agree with and which you disagree with
– Explain why you agree/disagree with the authors argument/certain elements of it
– Draw on outside evidence and reasoning to support your agreement/disagreement.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.