This assignment seeks to have the student identify, and evaluate the internal and external factors that influence organizat
This assignment seeks to have the student identify, and evaluate the internal and external factors that influence organizational behavior by researching and analyzing scholarly articles, thus becoming familiar with academic quality research and the university online library.
The scenario: Your manager overheard you telling a colleague that you are taking a graduate-level organizational behavior class at UMGC. He remembers his college course on organizational behavior and realizes that he found the knowledge he learned extremely useful over the years. Lately, he has felt that he has been overwhelmed with changes that require him and his employees to quickly respond to situations that he cannot always solve effectively. Experience has taught him that professional development is a lifelong endeavor. To that end he would like you to select some articles for him to read on the following topic: Workplace Environments, Flat Organizational Structures, Organizational Behavior, or Virtual Workplace. Here are the points he wants you to address:
Step 1: Using OneSearch in the online library, conduct a search for at least 3 scholarly articles on internal and external factors that influence organizational structure and culture and their relationship to organizational behavior.
The articles should reflect both current and future catalysts of change in the workplace. Because of this, the research articles should be published within the past five years. Article selection should consider internal and external influences on structure, culture, and workplace behavior.
Step 2: Guidance with writing the annotated bibliography can be found here. The articles should be summarized in 2-3 paragraphs as the format suggests.
Step 3: Aggregately analyze and explain the articles for the way in which internal and external factors cause a change in workplace behavior. This section should comprise 2 paragraphs using multiple course readings and UMGC library research to support how the internal and external factors identified in the selected articles can/do cause a change in workplace behavior and ultimately organizational structure and culture.
Step 4: Conclude the paper with a two to three-paragraph discussion of which factors identified in the selected articles are the biggest threat to managing effectively internal or external. You must pick one or the other (factors that are the biggest threat internally OR externally) and defend/support your position using APA formatted in-text citations. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning for the selection and provide supporting examples and rationale from class readings related to the modern organization.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PREPARE THE SUBMISSION:
- Read the grading rubric for the assignment!
- Check the instructions to make sure ALL elements of the assignment have been covered
- Students are expected to use a variety as well as multiple course readings and UMGC library research to support ideas, reasoning, and conclusions. Do not use the Internet.
- Follow APA style guidelines to ensure that your final submission includes a Title Page, In-Text Citations, and a Reference List.
- Paraphrase and do not use direct quotations unnecessarily. This means you do not use more than four consecutive words from a source document. Instead, interpret the meaning of the source material and share that with your reader in your own words. In this way, you demonstrate your understanding of the material and make it relevant to the purpose of the assignment. Although not quoting verbatim, an in-text citation is still required to attribute the information to the source author. Provide the page or paragraph number in the citation.
- The analysis should begin with an introductory paragraph that clearly and succinctly explains what you intend to cover in the body of the paper.
- The analysis should end with a conclusion/summary paragraph that clearly and succinctly explains what you covered in the body of the paper.
- Third-person writing is required. Third-person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first-person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second-person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person .
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so the expectation is that students do NOT use contractions in the assignment.
- The paper must be double-spaced with 1-inch margins with 12 pt. font.
- Submit the final paper into the appropriate assignment submission folder. Once submitted, the paper is eligible for grading and students will not be permitted to make changes or make another submission (unless otherwise instructed by the professor).
NOTE: All submitted work is to be your original work. You may not use any work from another student, the Internet or an online clearinghouse. You are expected to understand the Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism Policy and know that it is your responsibility to learn about instructor and general academic expectations with regard to proper citation of sources as specified in the APA Publication Manual, 7th Ed. (Students are held accountable for in-text citations and an associated reference list only).
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.