There are two types of informal reports:
- Informational Reports contain straight information and provides short timely updates. Informational reports include these sub-genres: progress report (summarize specific accomplishments on a particular project), activity report(summarize general activities during a particular period). Trip reports and meeting minutes also fall under informational reports.
- Analytical Reports include information but they also include interpretations and conclusions based on that information. According to our textbook, “Analysis is the heart of technical communication. Analysis involves evaluating information, interpreting it accurately, drawing valid conclusions, and making persuasive recommendations” (2017, pp. 473). Analytical reports include these sub-genres: feasibility report, recommendation report, peer review report, justification report. Note: You will be responsible for drafting an analytical report for your final exam document.
Progress reports monitor progress and problems on various project. Just as an employer might, I will use this report to evaluate projects I have assigned, monitor your progress, and decide if the course and assignments need altered. See the example report, Figure 20.2, on page 476 of your textbook. Periodic activity reports summarizes general activities over a specified period of time. This type of report is used by employers to help them monitor workloads. Periodic reports can also include the following: incident reports, sales reports, progress reports, Since this is a newly designed course, I am interested to know how the workload balances out. See the example, Figure 20.3, on page 477 of your textbook.
you must draft a ONE-PAGE Progress Report arranged around a set of dates. Use the example on page 476 of your textbook.
I am mainly looking for inclusions here. What did you include? Was it sufficient for me to make a determination of whether or not the course load is balanced, the materials are clear and specific, and the course is organized in a logical manner? Here is a list of things I need to know:
- Progress you have made
- Problems you have encountered (how will/did you solve these problems)
- Are you on schedule (if not, when will you be back on schedule)
Other items I am interested in:
- Is it well organized
- It is visually constructed for optimum readability
- Does it include a purpose statement
- Does it state the time period covered
- Does it mention the work you still need to complete
- Has it been proofread for grammatical errors
This is an informal report; however, it still needs to meet professional standards.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.