FYI: PLS CITE SOME SOURCES FROM THE ATTACHED LEARNING RESOURCES AND REMEMBER TO DO THE MIND MAP AS PER ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTION BELOW.
When evaluating patients, it is important for the advanced practice nurse to know the types of questions he or she needs to ask to obtain the appropriate information for diagnosis. For this reason, you must have an understanding of common GI disorders such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcer disease (PUD), and gastritis.
• Review this week’s media presentation on the gastrointestinal system. (SEE ATTACHED TRANSCRIPT)
• Review Chapter 35 in the Huether and McCance text. Identify the normal pathophysiology of gastric acid stimulation and production.
• Review Chapter 37 in the Huether and McCance text. Consider the pathophysiology of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcer disease (PUD), and gastritis. Think about how these disorders are similar and different.
• Select a patient factor different from the one you selected in this week’s Discussion: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Consider how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of GERD, PUD, and gastritis. Reflect on how you would diagnose and prescribe treatment of these disorders for a patient based on this factor.
• Review the “Mind Maps—Dementia, Endocarditis, and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)” media in the Week 2 Learning Resources. Use the examples in the media as a guide to construct a mind map for gastritis. Consider the epidemiology and clinical presentation of gastritis.
THE ASSIGNMENT TO COMPLETE. (PLS INCLUDE SUBTITLES). THANKS.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
• Describe the normal pathophysiology of gastric acid stimulation and production.
• Explain the changes that occur to gastric acid stimulation and production with GERD, PUD, and gastritis disorders.
• Explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of GERD, PUD, and gastritis. Describe how you would diagnose and prescribe treatment of these disorders for a patient based on the factor you selected.
• Construct a mind map for gastritis. Include the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical presentation, as well as the diagnosis and treatment you explained in your paper.
• Support your paper with 2 or more credible outside sources within the last 5yrs, in addition to 2-3 course resources to suppport point of view.
• Assignment exceeds expectations. All topics are addressed with a minimum of 75% containing exceptional breadth and depth about each of the assignment topics.
• A clear and comprehensive purpose statement is provided which delineates all required criteria.
• Demonstrates the ability to critically appraise and intellectually explore key concepts.
• Demonstrates and applies exceptional support of major points and integrates 2 or more credible outside sources within the last 5yrs, in addition to 2-3 course resources to suppport point of view.
• Synthesize (combines various components or different ideas into a new whole) material in course resources (i.e. video, required readings, textbook) and outside, credible resources by comparing different points of view and highlighting similarities, differences, and connections.
• Paragraph and Sentence Structure: Paragraphs make clear points that support well developed ideas, flow logically, and demonstrate continuity of ideas. Sentences are clearly structured and carefully focused–neither long and rambling nor short and lacking substance.
• English writing standards: Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation
• The paper follows correct APA format for title page, headings, font, spacing, margins, indentations, page numbers, running head, parenthetical/in-text citations, and reference list.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.