The purpose of this assignment is to:
• Familiarize the student with the concept of workflow;
• Identify potential workflow issues that have implications for the practice of nursing informatics;
• Acquaint the student with the concept of “stakeholder” in information system design; and
• Map current and proposed information workflow using flowchart diagrams for each workflow.
You will analyze an information workflow that is currently present in your workplace.
Your task is to create a diagram that illustrates the current workflow, and to identify any actual or potential problem points. You will then propose changes that can be made to improve the workflow and create a corresponding diagram. Information workflows can take various forms, and some examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Allergy information;
• Advance directives;
• Organ donor status;
• Past medical history details;
• Past surgical history details;
• Use of vitamins and/or supplements;
• Functional living status;
• List of providers;
• Insurance claims processing;
• Antibiotic-resistant infection status
• Other as identified by student (subject to faculty approval)
Trace how a specific piece of information is gathered, used, and shared within your organization within this assignment by doing the following:
1. Identify what information you have chosen and why in a one-page narrative text.
2. Map the current information workflow for a particular piece of information from its collection and use throughout your organization. Include verbal, written, and physical practices (e.g., how information is acquired, stored, distributed, and discarded).
3. Use business process modeling (BPM) figures to diagram current information workflow. BPM notation figures are available in Word (under drawing tools), Visio, or other software including LUCID that you may have used in NR542. Note problem or potential problem areas.
4. Use business process modeling (BPM) figures to diagram proposed information workflow.
5. Use arrows to indicate information flow.
6. Label persons involved (admitting nurse, admitting physician, pharmacists, etc.) Labels all persons involved in the current information workflow, all processes, directionality of flow, and areas where problems occur, or potentially occur, using business process diagrams.
7. Provide a cover sheet, a one-page explanation of the chosen workflow and rationale for its selection (Provides a one-page explanation of the selected workflow, its location or origin, the rationale for selection, and two actual or potential problems are identified.) and a detailed diagrams of a) current information workflow and b) proposed, improved workflow. Labels all persons involved in the PROPOSED information workflow, all processes, and the directionality of flow using business process diagrams.
8. References are not required for this assignment, but appropriate credit should be given for the ideas and work of others when used.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.