The HR staff is called upon to create career development plans for employees at organizations of all sizes. Established organizations must update their career development strategies o
The HR staff is called upon to create career development plans for employees at organizations of all sizes. Established organizations must update their career development strategies often while new and growing organizations need to create career development plans as a complement to an overall retention strategy.
In this assignment, you'll research the importance of career development planning and the role that HR plays. In addition, you'll provide recommendations for how to address challenges in career development, create a general career development questionnaire addressing individual employee career goals, and provide a framework and rationale for a comprehensive organizational employee development plan.
You've been hired as a retention specialist at a large high-technology company with locations across the globe. You'll work within the United States HR division and will need to create an employee development plan. Your first task is to research employee development plans and understand the potential challenges inherent in these plans. Then, you'll need to create an employee questionnaire to be used as the basis for, and the first step toward, crafting a comprehensive organizational employee development plan.
Create a framework for a comprehensive organizational employee career development plan in which you:
- Provide the rationale for establishing a career development plan that cites credible sources and includes the benefits of a plan for both employees and the organization.
- Describe HR's role in career development and two or more modern challenges to traditional career planning, citing credible sources.
- Provide an example of each of the four career profiles identified in the XanEdu resource Developing Employee Career Paths and Ladders, and a course of action for how an HRM professional might use a career development plan to motivate employees from each profile. Note: The XanEdu resource is on the XanEdu page under the Course Information Module.
- Create a career development plan questionnaire with 7-8 questions that address individual employee career ambitions and that will enable the initial steps toward a comprehensive organizational-level plan.
- Describe the major components of a comprehensive organizational-level plan, citing credible sources, that include the concept of career mapping.
- Use sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. This will be completed in five pages.
Review this week's assigned readings. In addition, read the following documents.
- Professional Development Plan.Links to an external site.
- Employee Career Development Plan [PDF] Download Employee Career Development Plan [PDF].
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create the framework and rationale for an organizational career development plan that addresses employee career development that will benefit both the employee and organization.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.