This is a discussion
Do Discussion #5 over your choice from case study #9 or #10:
(9) “Boeing 737 Max and the Challenger: The Tale of Flying Objects Falling From the Sky” or
(10) “The Wells Fargo Scandal: A Tale of a Toxic Corporate Culture”
Follow the Case Study questions to help formulate your response.
(Page 174, Table 6.3)
Table 6.3 Systematic Rational Ethical Decision-Making Process
Step 1: Write the decision options in the appropriate column below.
Step 2: Apply the seven systematic rational ethical decision-making process questions to the decision under consideration to obtain relevant ethical information.
Step 3: Insert the ethical strength and weakness revealed by each of the seven ethical questions in the appropriate column below.
Step 4: Given the strengths and weaknesses, choose a decision option, explain why that option was chosen rather than the alternative options, and determine how to manage the weaknesses associated with the option chosen.
1. Who are the people affected by the action? (stakeholder analysis)
1. What option benefits me the most? (egoism)
1. What option does my social group support? (social group relativism)
1. What option is legal? (cultural relativism)
1. What option is the greatest good for the greatest number of people affected? (utilitarianism)
1. What option is based on truthfulness and respect/integrity toward each stakeholder? (deontology)
1. What option would a virtuous person of high moral character do? (virtue ethics)
If answers to Questions 2 through 7 are all the same option, then do that option.
If answers to Questions 2 through 7 are mixed, then:
If answers to Questions 5, 6, and 7 are the same option, this option is the most ethical. But you may need to modify this decision in consideration of answers to Questions 2 through 4, or weaknesses associated with Questions 5 through 7.
If answers to Questions 5, 6, and 7 are mixed, then there is no clear “most ethical” response, and you should make your decision by carefully considering the strengths and weaknesses of Questions 2 through 7.
Option and Its Underlying Value Option Strengths Based on Application of Ethical Theories
Option Weaknesses Based on Application of Ethical Theories
How Will You Manage Chosen Option? Weaknesses?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.