1. When reading a TST(PPD) all of the following indicate a positive test except:
2. In the employee health office, you have diagnosed latent TB in an employee who has a
positive tuberculin skin test (TST) You have a positive QuantiFERON (QFT) test and a
chest x-ray that shows no active disease. What other diagnostic test would you order
before starting this employee on INH therapy?
3. The estimated attributed cause of lung cancer from active cigarette smoking is?
4. Assessment finding of greatest concern in an individual who smokes with a chronic
cough that warrants CT scan:
5. As a primary care clinician, recommendations you would give a patient for smoking
cessation would be all the following except?
6. Bacterial causes of acute bronchitis include all of the following except:
7. All of the following are expected symptoms of pneumonia EXCEPT:
8. Which of the following is done to confirm a diagnosis of pneumonia?
9. Guidelines recommend high risk patients be screened for lung cancer beginning at:
10. Which of the following best describes asthma?
11. Treatment for a pulmonary embolus would include all the following pharmacological
12. Classic EKG changes seen in an individual with pulmonary emboli are:
13. A patient presents to your office with significant shortness of breath, tachycardia, and
recent history of travel. Your immediate concern would be to rule out?
14. Which of the following statements about lung cancer is NOT true?
15. Which of the following is NOT part of the differential diagnosis for a patient who
complains of cough?
16. Which of the following is the gold standard in assessment and diagnosis of COPD?
17. An example of a SAMA you would use in the treatment of COPD is:
18. A patient diagnosed with acute bronchitis and cough 5 days ago, calls to report that his
cough is persistent since yesterday. He has no other new symptoms. How should the NP
manage this patient?
19. Ryan is a 28 year old male who presents to your practice with symptoms consistent with
acute bronchitis. Risk factors associated with acute bronchitis include the following
20. When providing Ryan with patient education about his acute bronchitis, you explain
acute bronchitis is :
21. A 50 year old male patient presents to your practice with cough, pharyngitis, nasal
discharge, and fever. Which of these symptoms is most common with acute bronchitis?
22. A 25 year old female presents to the office with a hx of asthma. She states that she was
uses her albuterol inhalers 2-3 times a week with good relief symptoms and that is why
she doesn’t use the ICS that was previously prescribed. She does not consider her
asthma to interfere with her life. She is requesting a refill of her albuterol. Your priority
advise to the patient is that:
23. Which of the following is a basis of drug therapy used in the treatment of moderate
24. When educating your patient all of the following information you provide is correct
25. Which of the following would be an appropriate treatment choice for a 40-year-old
female diagnosed with community aquired pneumonia who has no co-morbidities? (select
26. A 21 year old presents with ear pain. On PE, you observe pain with palpation of pinna
and tragus and redness swelling of the external auditory canal. The patient has
tympanostomy tubes. Which medication would you NOT prescribe:
27. A 35 year old female presents with redness in her eyes, yellowish drainage and some
discomfort, she does not feel comfortable using her contact lenses. She has no visual
disturbance. Her son who is in grade school had the same problem and was treated by the
pediatrician. You diagnose her with acute bacterial conjunctivitis. The most appropriate
antibiotic to prescribe is: l
28. Lily has nasal congestion with purulent nasal discharge and facial pain without
improvement for the past 12 days. She has a PCN allergy. The best option for initial
29. Which of the following statements are true. (Select 2 answers)
30. The recommended pharmacological management for acute bacterial sinusitis include:
(choose 3 correct answers)
31. James has a URI that started bout 2 weeks ago. He started getting nasal congestion with
purulent nasal discharge and facial pain without improvement. Your examination for
James would include palpation and transillumination of the largest facial sinuses:
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.