Reality Meets the Theoretical Video Presentation [WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] In Chapter 4 of the text, the author talks about risk factors and protective factors. Prior t
Reality Meets the Theoretical Video Presentation [WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
In Chapter 4 of the text, the author talks about risk factors and protective factors. Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Review the Supervision Trajectories of Male Juvenile Offenders: Growth Mixture Modeling on SAVRY Risk Assessments Links to an external site.article.
- Watch the following videos:
- The Superpredator ScareLinks to an external site.
- The Cradle-to-Prison PipelineLinks to an external site.
- Counselors Speak on Juvenile PsychologyLinks to an external site.
- Second Chance Kids Links to an external site.,Troubled Teens: Why Some Go Bad and Others Come Right—Predict My Future: The Dunedin Longitudinal StudyLinks to an external site.
- Review the Oyez web page Miller v. Alabama Links to an external site..
You may also want to review the recommended How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation Guide Links to an external site.and Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide Links to an external site.help guides. Select one of the individuals sentenced as a juvenile from the Second Chance Kids Links to an external site., Troubled Teens: Why Some Go Bad and Others Come Right—Predict My Future: The Dunedin Longitudinal Study Links to an external site. video or from one of the other videos from the Week 1 Required Resources.
Use the University of Arizona Global Campus Library to locate a journal article encompassing topics such as policing, school programs, and community-oriented policing, which help support your evaluation of the case/individual you chose. Conduct a search for additional information on their case, their trial, and the individual’s situation. Then develop a short presentation of the case. In your presentation,
- Provide a brief history of the individual selected, and identify the risk factors and protective factors you see with the juvenile.
- Evaluate these factors through the lens of the life course theory. Does the concept of persistence or desistence come into play with this juvenile?
- Briefly summarize the journal article you found in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. Which type of crime intervention/prevention strategy is being addressed, and how does it apply to your chosen case/individual?
Your presentation will be a combination of slides containing visuals and bullet points, as well as narration of the content. PowerPoint or any other presentation software may be used to create a visual presentation of your research design. Narration is required so you will need to record your presentation using Screencast-o-matic or similar software. You are not required to be on camera, but you may choose to be on camera if you want to do so. Support your claims with examples from the required materials and a minimum of one journal article that you find using the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. You can use your research article in your Final Paper, due in Week 5.
The file for the presentation should be attached or embedded in your post for your peers to review, see Canvas Video Submission Instructions Links to an external site.; please do not link to outside locations. The following presentation resources are available in the Writing Center for you to use:
- How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation GuideLinks to an external site.
- Presentation TipsLinks to an external site.
- Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start GuideLinks to an external site.
Your presentation should have a minimum of five content slides (excluding title and references slides) and be at least three minutes long. Support your presentation with examples from this week’s required materials and other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references either in-text on bullet points or in the notes section. Include complete APA reference entries on the references slide. You must use at least one scholarly or credible professional resource to support your presentation. The presentation must include a cover and references slide for sources cited in the body of the presentation.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.