It has now been one month since you launched your business. You are meeting with a few investors soon to share your vision for the company and to ask for more funding. You will be sharing your company’s financial health at this meeting. To do that, you need to determine and analyze your company’s performance over the last month using the data provided.
Use the information in the Milestone Three Actual Costs and Revenue Data Appendix Word Document to evaluate your company’s performance. Complete the remaining tabs in the Project Workbook Spreadsheet that you used for the Milestone One and Two assignments.
Specifically, it would help if you addressed the following rubric criteria:
• Statement of Cost of Goods Sold: Prepare the statement of cost of goods sold in the “COGS” tab of the workbook. Remember to show your work using calculations to the side of the table or using appropriate formulas in the table.
• Income Statement: Use the given revenue data to prepare the “Income Statement” tab table and calculate the net income. Remember to show your work using calculations to the side of the table or using appropriate formulas in the table.
• Variance Analysis: Prepare the data in the “Variances” tab to determine whether the variances are favorable or unfavorable. Remember to show your work using calculations to the side of the table or using appropriate formulas in the table.
o, Complete the data table for the variances by entering the budgeted (standard) and actual labor and material values. Remember to use the estimates for expected sales from your Milestone Two assignment.
o, Determine the variances for direct labor and direct materials in the “Variances” tab.
o Evaluate the significance of the variances in the “Variances” tab, and mark them as favorable or unfavorable.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit the Project Workbook with all tabs completed. This file should be completed and submitted using Microsoft Excel.
ACC 202 Milestone Three: Actual Costs and Revenue Data Appendix
At the end of the first month of opening your business, you calculate the actual operating costs of the business and the income you earned. You also notice and document the difference in what you budgeted for certain materials and labor against the actual amounts you spent on the same.
For your statement of cost of goods sold, use the following data regarding the actual costs incurred by the business over the past month:
• Materials purchased: $20,000
o Consumed 80% of the purchased materials
• Direct labor: $8,493
• Overhead costs: $3,765
Note: Assume that the beginning materials and ending work in process are zero for the month.
Use the following revenue and cost information for the income statement. Note that the revenue you use will depend on the pricing level options you chose in Milestone Two. Also, assume that after accounting for weekends and other holidays, there were 20 business days in the first month of operation. For example, if you chose a sales price of $20 per collar, the actual number of collars sold in the month was 33 per day or 33 x 20 = 660 per month.
Established Sales Price Number of Items Sold per Day
The other costs incurred by the business include:
• General and administrative salaries
o Receptionist: $1,950
• Office supplies: $200
• Other business equipment: $150
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.