Mrs. A is a 71 year old widow with CHF and osteoarthritis who has recently been exhibiting quite unusual behavior. Her daughter is concerned about her mother’s ability to remain independent and wishes to pursue nursing home admission arrangements. She fears the development of a dementing illness. Over the last two to three months Mrs. A has become confused, easily fatigued and very irritable. She has developed disturbing obsessive/compulsive behavior constantly complaining that her lace curtains were dirty and required frequent washing. Detailed questioning revealed that she thought they were yellow-green and possibly moldy. Her prescribed medications are:
- Furosemide 40 mg daily in the morning
- Digoxin 250 micrograms daily
- Paracetamol 500 mg, 1-2 tablets 4-hourly PRN
- Piroxicam 20 mg at night
- Mylanta suspension, 20 ml PRN
- Coloxyl 120 mg, 1-2 tablets at night
- Critically discuss this case study in terms of the problematic nature of this patient’s pharmacological management.
- Outline some pharmacokinetic changes in the geriatric population that may affect drug disposition.
- Outline how changes in renal and hepatic function may affect treatment strategies.
- In the drug regimen presented above – discuss potential side effects and potential interactions, if any?
- Your response should include a discussion of the problems of polypharmacy as it is related to this case study and the assessment/management and educational strategies which could have been implemented to improve the outcome of Mrs. A.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.