- Read Chapters 4 and 9 in Human Resources Management Issues, Challenges and Trends: “Now and Around the Corner” (In the attachments)
- WATERING THE ORGANIZATIONAL LANDSCAPE -Meeting Employee Needs through HRM Flexibility
- MILLENNIAL WORKERS AND THE EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT PHENOMENON
Ronald R. Sims. (2019). Human Resources Management Issues, Challenges and Trends: “Now and Around the Corner.” Information Age Publishing.
- Read Chapters 11, 12, and 13 in Cases in Human Resource Management (In the attachments)
- Compensation Management
- Incentive Pay
- Employee Benefits
David Kimball. (2016). Cases in Human Resource Management. SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Rice University (n.d). OpenStax Reward Systems in Organizations, Reward Systems in Organizations. OpenStax CNX. Sep 18, 2018 Reward Systems in Organizations – Organizational Behavior (opentextbc.ca)
- Chapter 6 “Compensation and Benefits” in Human resource management. Retrieved from http://www.saylor.org/site/textbooks/Human%20Resource%20Management.pdf
- Chapter 7 “Retention and Motivation” in Human resource management. Retrieved from http://www.saylor.org/site/textbooks/Human%20Resource%20Management.pdf
- Rice University (n.d). Employee Compensation and Benefits Retrieved from OpenStax Employee Compensation and Benefits, Employee Compensation and Benefits, OpenStax CNX. Sep 18, 2018 https://opentextbc.ca/businessopenstax/chapter/employee-compensation-and-benefits/
- The Best Ways to Reward Employees (n.d). Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/75340 (A short article on how to reward employees
- Whitehurst (2018). Why aren’t we more invested in our work?
- Juneja (n.d). Purpose of a Job Analysis
- Juneja (n.d). Job Analysis Process
- Juneja (n.d). Job Design
- Juneja (n.d). Employee Retention
- Juneja (n.d). Importance of Employee Retention
- Juneja (n.d). Total Rewards Management
- Juneja (n.d). Motivation and Rewards
- Juneja (n.d). Job Analysis Methods
- Juneja (n.d). Issues in Job Design
- Juneja (n.d). Approaches to Job Design
- Juneja (n.d). Factors affecting Job Design
- Juneja (n.d). Employee Retention Strategies
- Juneja (n.d). Role of Motivation in Employee Retention
- Juneja (n.d). Employee Engagement and Employee Retention
- Juneja (n.d). Leadership: Intrinsic vs Extrinsic Motivation
- Gendelman (2016). 11 Employee Perks
This week covers four areas:
- compensation and benefits
- rewarding performance
- motivation and employee engagement
- employee retention
What is required:
Part A: Motivation and Rewards (Minimum 2 paragraphs)
First, explain why is it important to understand what motivates employees. Then, refer back to lesson 7 (slide 8 is in the attachments) and discuss one theory of job dissatisfaction that you believe best applies to the understanding of motivation in the contemporary workplace. Finally, discuss why organizations provide both monetary and non-monetary rewards to employees. Share your thoughts, and use the articles and resources provided to support your ideas.
Part B: Compensation and Retention (Minimum 2 paragraphs)
Discuss your perspective on the connection between compensation and retention. What other factors might impact retention? What do you believe are the most important retention factors? Share your thoughts, and use the articles and resources provided to support your ideas.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.