In 400-500 words, summarize and reflect on your mentor’s interview answers how different forms of fourth grade classroom assessment and instructional planning are implemented in the classroom. Explain how you use your findings in your 4th grade classroom.
10037Below is a list of questions to address during collaboration with your mentor teacher:
• 1. What assessments do you use in the classroom and what are their purposes?
• 2. Do you use data from assessments to plan lessons? How do you organize and analyze assessment data?
• 3. What steps do you take in creating and implementing assessments? What are some tips you have for a new teacher learning how to create, implement, and analyze assessments?
• 4. When you were a new teacher, how much time did you allocate to lesson planning? Typically, how long did it take to write a lesson plan?
• 5. What resources do you use to supplement your instruction and/or help you plan for student-centered instruction?
• 6. What advice can you give me in terms of creating engaging lesson plans that involve students in the learning process?
NEXT, add three additional questions of your own.
Answers to Interview with my mentor teacher-
1.Assessments-I use a variety of assessments in the classroom:
• Standard tests which include multiple choice, matching column, fill in the blank and essay questions for assessing concept understanding.
• I use note taking assessments to aid with student organization and study skills.
• I use hands-on experiments to assess how students follow directions.
2. I use data from the district BLT standardized test, State AZ Merit tests, and the Fastbridge Reading assessment. I use the BLT to focus on a specific subject, for example Science. I see what topics the students need more reinforcement with and either reteach it or find another way to communicate the topic for better understanding. I use the Fastbridge reading assessment to get a better understanding of reading skills. Students with below grade level reading skills may need modified instructions for tests and assessments.
3. I create my own assessments because I know how I taught a subject and the specific vocabulary and definitions I used during my lessons. My tests reflect the use of the subject’s vocabulary, and the concept understanding. I may use multiple choice for vocabulary understanding and essay type questions for concept understanding.
4. When I was a new teacher, I spent a lot of time planning my lessons. I would spend at least an hour on each lesson which did not include material gathering nor the paperwork management.
5. I use a variety of hands-on material to create engaging lesson plans that involve the students in the learning process. I teach Science, the students do experiments using the Scientific Method to explore all the topics throughout the entire year.
6. I like Hands-on experiments to involve the student the learning process.
Next, please add -What three additional questions of your own could you ask your mentor?
Part 2: Reflection
In 400-500 words, summarize and reflect on your observation and collaboration and how different forms of assessment and instructional planning are implemented in the classroom. Explain how you use your findings in your 4th-5th grade classroom.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. Title Page, Cited Sources with a Reference Page is REQUIRED. An abstract is not required.
This assignment requires a Reference Page with 3 or more cited sources.
Submit both the teacher collaboration and reflection as one deliverable.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.