Culture and Legal Traditions Analyze the differing cultural perspectives on policing, the courts, and corrections in two of the following countrie
Culture and Legal Traditions
Analyze the differing cultural perspectives on policing, the courts, and corrections in two of the following countries:
- North Korea
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- United States
How have the cultural perspectives of each country had an impact on their legal traditions? Does there appear to be a direct correlation between the cultural beliefs and the legal traditions in each country? How do the cultures of these countries impact policing, courts, and corrections?Your initial post should be at least 400 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.
Reichel, P. L. (2018). Comparative criminal justice systems: A topical approach (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Chapter 4: Legal Traditions
- Chapter 5: Substantive Law and Procedural Law in the Four Legal Traditions
Harrendorf, S., Heiskanen, M., & Malby, S. (Eds.). (2010). International statistics on crime and justice (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/Crime-statistics/International_Statistics_on_Crime_and_Justice.pdf
- This report has a lot of very informative statistics on various crimes and countries. This report may be useful throughout this course as a resource providing details on international crime.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2016). Compiling and comparing international crime statistics (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/Compiling-and-comparing-International-Crime-Statistics.html
- This page describes the process for analyzing and gathering international crimes. There are several options for topics related to this course on the left hand side of this page.
University of California at Berkeley. (n.d.). The common law and civil law traditions (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.law.berkeley.edu/library/robbins/CommonLawCivilLawTraditions.html
- This page describes civil and common law with discussion of international legal traditions based on civil law. This should help students understand some legal traditions based on civil law which is the case for most international countries.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.