Hide Assignment InformationInstructions You’ve won the business! Faster Computing has agreed to the project.
Hide Assignment InformationInstructions
You've won the business! Faster Computing has agreed to the project. As the final stage of pre-implementation, you have been asked to produce a training guide that will demonstrate how to install Linux and provide an overview of several common commands, as follows:
(11.1.3: Install the software.)
- Use a hypervisor of your choice to install Linux. Many hypervisors are available, such as Oracle's VirtualBox, which is a free download. In addition, as part of UMGC's agreement with VMware, you can download VMware Workstation for free. See below for specific screenshot requirements. You should include at least 3 screenshots (e.g., disk partitioning, timezone selection, creating the default account). Each screenshot should be accompanied by a brief explanation of what you did.
NOTE: It is not necessary to include screenshots of installing the hypervisor software.
(1.2.3: Explain specialized terms or concepts to facilitate audience comprehension.)
- Demonstrate command-line operations that will provide the following information:
- A listing of files in a directory and common file attributes
- The current directory (hint: also known as the present working directory)
- Create a file, then copy it to a different directory
- Create a second file and move it to a different directory
- Remove the first file, as well as the copy you created
- The manual page for a given command
- Create a text file, then use an editor to modify the content. Then display the content of the modified file
(1.4.2: Use vocabulary appropriate for the discipline, genre, and intended audience.)
In the above section (demonstrate CLI operations) show the commands with options/arguments (e.g., ls, cp, mv, rm) in your documentation as well as in your screenshots.
(11.2.1: Configure technology according to stakeholder specifications and requirements.)
- Show running processes on the system. Demonstrate how to search for a specific process
- Forcibly stop a running process
In the above section (demonstrate CLI operations) show the commands with options/arguments (e.g., top, kill, -9, ps) in your documentation as well as in your screenshots.
(13.1.1: Create documentation appropriate to the stakeholder.)
The deliverable for the final phase of the project is a written paper with screenshots. There is no minimum or maximum page requirement, but all of the requirements must be met. Use the Training Guide Template to record your work. This section will be graded upon the overall usefulness of the training guide to the organization.
(11.3.1: Add and update systems as required.)
This portion of the training guide helps determine your submission is unique.
On the final screenshot, you need to open a command line and type in the following commands (without the quotes):
"echo <your name here>" (Replace your name here with your name)
The recommended format is to provide screenshots incorporated within the written narrative. The screenshots must all be your own. Screenshots from external sources are not permitted. You must include the specific screenshot listed above or your project will not be accepted.
(1.1.4: Explain the relationship between the ideas presented to enhance clarity and comprehension.)
The training guide must have a cover page, an introduction, summary, and at least 3-5 references.
(1.2.2: Employ a format, style, and tone appropriate to the audience, context, and goal.)
Employ proper spelling and grammar. All Linux commands must be lower case.
(2.2.3: Explain the assumptions underlying viewpoints, solutions, or conclusions.)
In your conclusion of at least a paragraph, summarize why using Linux is beneficial for employees, management, and the organization as a whole.
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
In this training guide, you will demonstrate how to install Linux and provide an overview of common commands for your client/customer. You’ll be combining your technical skills with effective communication techniques to provide learning resources for the client/customer.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
- 1.1.4: Explain the relationship between the ideas presented to enhance clarity and comprehension.
- 1.2.2: Employ a format, style, and tone appropriate to the audience, context, and goal.
- 1.2.3: Explain specialized terms or concepts to facilitate audience comprehension.
- 1.4.2: Use vocabulary appropriate for the discipline, genre, and intended audience.
- 2.2.3: Explain the assumptions underlying viewpoints, solutions, or conclusions.
- 11.1.3: Install the software.
- 11.2.1: Configure technology according to stakeholder specifications and requirements.
- 11.3.1: Add and update systems as required.
- 13.1.1: Create documentation appropriate to the stakeholder.
Due DateAug 3, 2021 11:59 PM
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.