Discussion Topic:?What is the value of the humanities and what do they have to do with me?? For our module 1 discussion, yo
Discussion Topic: What is the value of the humanities and what do they have to do with me?
For our module 1 discussion, you need to:
- Read both of the following articles:
- Create an original research-based discussion:
- Detailing whether you agree or disagree with the ideas presented by both Nicholas Kristof and Jaweed Kaleem on the value of the humanities. Explain why or why not. Be sure to cite examples from other college-level credible sources that support your position.
- Additionally, comment on how the humanities might affect your daily life. Be specific.
Step One – Research the topic.
To complete this research discussion, you will need to research and locate college-level and credible sources. Credible sources can be found at the HCC library in the form of books and scholarly articles.
Step Two – Prepare your original research discussion.
A minimum of 3 paragraphs is required. Each paragraph should be a minimum of 4 sentences. You should apply basic MLA format to all course writing assignments.
In MLA, all paragraphs should be indented. Because you are using sources, you’ll have to demonstrate academic integrity and document using MLA guidelines for introducing sources, citing sources, and work cited entries.
Discussion Settings: This discussion requires you to complete and post your original research discussion first. After you post, you will be able to view what your classmates have presented.
Step Three – Peer Respond and add to the discussion.
In this course, peer responses continue the learning experience. After you review a few discussions, select three or four of interest.
You must respond to a minimum of two peers.
- Each peer response must be a minimum of two paragraphs containing a minimum of four sentences each.
- You can compare and contrast your view with the view of your peer.
- You can comment on the critical position your peer has taken.
- You can discuss the example provided by adding additional connections.
- You can include additional sources that provide additional credible information.
Research Discussion Grading Scale
Your discussion will be graded using the attached rubric. Original posts are awarded up to 30 points. Peer responses are awarded up to 20 points. All late posts or peer responses will have 10 points deducted from the total discussion grade for every 24 hours or portion thereof it is late. Once a module is closed, late work is not accepted.
Compleating the minimum requirements will only yield up to an average grade. To earn more points students will need to complete more than the minimum requirements. See rubric.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.