Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment
Reflect on the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed.
Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors, such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder.
Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
By Day 7 of Week 4
Write a 1-page paper that addresses the following:
Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis.
Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for this patient. Be specific and provide examples.
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs:
Synthroid 100 mcg daily
Nifedipine 30 mg daily
Prednisone 10 mg daily
1. One short paragraph on three differential diagnoses. Do not just say “symptoms are vague, no diagnoses possible, I will do further assessment.”
Subjective & Objective information are intentionally provided vague (as case) so that you can develop a pharmacological case & discuss.
2. One short paragraph EACH on how you will pharmacologically treat the three diagnoses you listed (Pharmacological Plan).
3. Include NEWER AGENTS of cure for hepatitis C infection. Discuss how these NEWER hepatitis C drugs of CURE work.
4. Discuss mechanism of action and key kinetics of these agents.
5. One short paragraph each on Synthroid, Nifedipine (a peripheral calcium channel blocker) & prednisone an antiinflammatory immune suppressor (pharmacological information) and why patient was on these drugs, based on your objective & assessment.
6. Long discussions/stories of no relevance to advanced pharmacology will carry no value with this project.
7. Include peer reviewed, scholarly articles of past 4 years as reference.
8. A conclusion with pharmacology in focus.
Best, Dr. P
Posted by: Thomas Panavelil
Posted to: NURS-6521N-19,Advanced
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.