Describe two strategies you could implement to overcome this barrier as well as how these strategies could help increase postive team collaboration
What were your initial reactions when you learned that this course consisted of an overarching team project? Did you have any concerns about working in a team?
In general, teamwork and collaboration is viewed as a stressful endeavor. In fact, many students and professionals feel that they can complete work better, faster, and quicker on their own. Many might even shy away from the opportunity to collaborate with others for fear of time constraints, miscommunication, conflicting views, and incivility among group members. However, the value of collaboration truly outshines any perceived negative barriers. In particular, collaboration gives educators the opportunity to enrich curriculum with the expertise and experiences of a group of professionals. It also pushes each educator to think ?outside of the box? to incorporate innovative strategies, views, and learning opportunities. In fact, the days of one instructor developing a course are being quickly phased out by collaborative approaches. Many of today?s institutions require a panel of experts to creatively and critically collaborate on course development. As such, it is imperative that you begin to understand not only how to work effectively in a team but also how to overcome common barriers that can occur during the team collaboration process.
? Reflect on your team?s collaborative process. What barriers has your team experienced? How have you and others in your team worked to overcome these barriers? If you believe that your team has not experienced any barriers or difficulties, reflect on common barriers presented in this week?s Learning Resources.
? How could these strategies be used to help nurse educators? In addition,
Questions to be addressed in my paper:
1. Review the article ?Overcoming Challenges to Collaboration: Nurse Educators? Experiences in Curriculum Change? uploaded below. Consider the benefits of and barriers to team collaboration.
2. Select one barrier that has a significant influence on a team approach to curriculum development.
3. An explanation of a barrier that can significantly influence a team approach to curriculum development and why.
4. Search the Walden Library or in the internet to identify an article that presents strategies for overcoming your selected barrier. Describe two strategies you could implement to overcome this barrier, as well as how these strategies could help increase postive team collaboration.
5. How could these two strategies be used to help nurse educators?
6. Justify your response by citing references to this week?s Learning Resources and your selected article as appropriate.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.