Reading Response 6: Kendon (1997)
1. Do you think gestures are linguistic features? With reference to Kendon (1997), explain why or why not.
2. What is the difference between gestures used in conversation and gesture systems that replace aspects of speech entirely?
3. How does Kendon suggest the role of gesture in conversation may be researched and better understood? What are the benefits and drawbacks of this research method?
Reading Response 7: Gries (2009)
1. Say you were to put together a corpus of UCLA students’ emails to professors. How could such a corpus be both representative and balanced?
2. What are the relative benefits and drawbacks of processing corpora using a programming language vs. using a corpus tool with a graphical user interface?
3. In terms of linguistic research, what sort of questions does Gries say that corpus linguistics can help answer? Are there any you can think of that cannot be answered or explored with corpus linguistics?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.