Sunday Homework 4 (10%). Answer course objectives.
The weekly activities generally consist of answering the chapter objectives located near the beginning of each assigned chapter. Make sure to write and enumerate the questions inside quotation marks. Follow that with your original answers not inside quotation marks. At the end of each chapter or the homework, list your references in full (not just a link) and flank each reference by quotation marks. Minimum 150 words per answer (some questions can be completely answered with fewer words).
The link for the newer (and free) version of the book is here:
- Identify the primary functions of blood, its fluid and cellular components, and its physical characteristics
- Identify the most important proteins and other solutes present in blood plasma
- Describe the formation of the formed element components of blood
- Discuss the structure and function of red blood cells and hemoglobin
- Classify and characterize white blood cells
- Describe the structure of platelets and explain the process of hemostasis
- Explain the significance of AB and Rh blood groups in blood transfusions
- Discuss a variety of blood disorders
- Identify and describe the interior and exterior parts of the human heart
- Describe the path of blood through the cardiac circuits
- Describe the size, shape, and location of the heart
- Compare cardiac muscle to skeletal and smooth muscle
- Explain the cardiac conduction system
- Describe the process and purpose of an electrocardiogram
- Explain the cardiac cycle
- Calculate cardiac output
- Describe the effects of exercise on cardiac output and heart rate
- Name the centers of the brain that control heart rate and describe their function
- Identify other factors affecting heart rate
- Describe fetal heart development
- Compare and contrast the anatomical structure of arteries, arterioles, capillaries, venules, and veins
- Accurately describe the forces that account for capillary exchange
- List the major factors affecting blood flow, blood pressure, and resistance
- Describe how blood flow, blood pressure, and resistance interrelate
- Discuss how the neural and endocrine mechanisms maintain homeostasis within the blood vessels
- Describe the interaction of the cardiovascular system with other body systems
- Label the major blood vessels of the pulmonary and systemic circulations
- Identify and describe the hepatic portal system
- Describe the development of blood vessels and fetal circulation
- Compare fetal circulation to that of an individual after birth
- Identify the components and anatomy of the lymphatic system
- Discuss the role of the innate immune response against pathogens
- Describe the power of the adaptive immune response to cure disease
- Explain immunological deficiencies and over-reactions of the immune system
- Discuss the role of the immune response in transplantation and cancer
- Describe the interaction of the immune and lymphatic systems with other body systems
- List the structures of the respiratory system
- List the major functions of the respiratory system
- Outline the forces that allow for air movement into and out of the lungs
- Outline the process of gas exchange
- Summarize the process of oxygen and carbon dioxide transport within the respiratory system
- Create a flow chart illustrating how respiration is controlled
- Discuss how the respiratory system responds to exercise
- Describe the development of the respiratory system in the embryo
- List and describe the functional anatomy of the organs and accessory organs of the digestive system
- Discuss the processes and control of ingestion, propulsion, mechanical digestion, chemical digestion, absorption, and defecation
- Discuss the roles of the liver, pancreas, and gallbladder in digestion
- Compare and contrast the digestion of the three macronutrients
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.