In this assignment, you evaluate and assess workplace protection legislation, identify the law pursuant to the employment-at-will (EAW) doctrine and legal exceptions and apply this un
In this assignment, you evaluate and assess workplace protection legislation, identify the law pursuant to the employment-at-will (EAW) doctrine and legal exceptions and apply this understanding to a business scenario, and explain legal requirements for hiring new employees and your own home state laws as to workers' compensation and immigration.
Respond to the following in 4–6 pages:
- Cite two federal laws that you believe are the most important for protecting employees from workplace discrimination. Provide a compelling argument for the effectiveness of the legislation in protecting employees and two case law examples to support your assessment.
- Explain the actions that employers must take to verify legal employment in the United States.
- Some states do not allow undocumented workers, or those not legally allowed to work in the United States, to receive workers' compensation benefits. Provide the law in your home state and a compelling and supported (with research) argument advocating for or against your state's practice of allowing or denying workers' compensation benefits to undocumented or illegal workers.
- Provide a comprehensive summary of the employment-at-will (EAW) doctrine that includes all possible legal exceptions designed to fight wrongful termination.
- Cite and support (with research) an appropriate EAW exception that the employee in each of the following scenarios could reasonably argue to save their job.
Scenario 1: JoAnn, a manager, started a blog on the company website for employee grievances and problems. She noticed that a worker was protesting that allegedly no Asian American employees had gotten a raise in two years at the company. Christine, the employee, also criticized how much CEO Elon had made last year and how he was "out of touch" with the realities of his employees. JoAnn reminded Christine that she was an employee-at-will. The next day, Christine talked to her fellow co-workers about forming a union. JoAnn fired Christine, and Christine is suing for wrongful termination.
Scenario 2: Steven, a department supervisor, fired his secretary, Ann. Ann, a devout Christian, had been putting Right-to-Life flyers in the employee breakroom. Steven talked to Ann twice and reiterated her actions were not appropriate. Ann continued to leave the pamphlets and was also taking time away from work to pray at her desk during the busiest times of the morning. Ann is suing for wrongful termination.
- 4-6 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the Sources list are not included in the required assignment page length.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.