For this assignment, you will reflect on self. You will want to work toward identifying your theoretical approach and identifying why you chose the approach you did. Following each step below as you develop your paper.
1. What is the motivation for your theoretical approach? To answer this question, you want to be very thoughtful about recognizing some of the values and beliefs that impact how you view humankind or even personality. For example, take time to think about your view on human nature. Is it deterministic, phenomenological, freedom of choice, constructivist, or something else? You can also determine what external factors impacted your choice. For example, you can discuss whether your theoretical approach is inspired by a mentor or is the result of using a specific theory in practice at a practicum site.
2. Once you identify a theory from which you will tend to approach counseling or a base theory (if you will present an integrative approach), discuss some of the key characteristics and basic assumptions of the theory, various concepts, and the goals of the theory. Also, discuss the role of the counselor and the client. Once you have discussed on of these factors, you want to integrate discussion of how these theoretical factors relate to your values and beliefs and primary reasons why you chose the theory. If you feel you will approach counseling from an integrative approach, discuss how all of the theories are cohesive, or the ways in which you believe your collective approach to counseling utilizing the various theories will benefit the therapeutic process.
3. Taking only your primary/base theoretical approach to counseling, you will want to integrate discussion of cultural factors and ethical issues that could arise. For example, if your approach to counseling includes a theory that is insight oriented you might need to make adjustments to this if providing counseling to certain populations. For example, some members of certain Asian cultures may appreciate more directive approaches. They view the counselor as the authority figure and therefore want directions from them and might very well be opposed to working toward gaining insight. This discussion should include at least 3–4 diverse populations and discussing how you would make the necessary adjustments to the approach, what might be necessary and related ethical issues that could arise.
• Number of Pages: The body of the paper should be 8–10 pages long.
• References The paper must include a reference list. Include at least five current references, in addition to your textbooks. You must use proper, current Evidence and APALinks to an external site. in listing your references.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.