Discuss how your personal definition of ethical care of pediatric patients has changed or stayed the same.
Critical reflection of your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting has the benefit of helping you identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills while also recognizing your clinical strengths and successes.
Write a Journal Entry, reflecting on your clinical strengths and opportunities for improvement. Reflect on your practicum experience, the patients you have seen, and the conditions you have diagnosed and treated.
JOURNAL ENTRY (2 PAGES):
Write a 2-page Journal Entry that includes responses to the following:
1. Explain what most excited and/or concerned you throughout your pediatric clinical experience. => “Identifying, evaluating, managing, referring, and monitoring children with delayed development.” I have attached articles/topics from UpToDate regarding this Developmental language disorder. Developmental language disorder is the most common developmental disability of childhood, occurring in 5 to 10 percent of children. Children learn language in early childhood; later, they use language to learn. Children with language disorders are at increased risk for reading and written language difficulty when they enter school]. These problems often persist through adolescence or adulthood. Early intervention may prevent the more serious consequences of later learning disabilities.
2. Discuss how your personal definition of ethical care of pediatric patients has changed or stayed the same.
3. How has your understanding of cultural competence influenced your assessment of children and their families?
4. Explain how your understanding of vulnerable populations has changed and how it may have influenced the assessments you conducted during your practicum.
5. Based on your practicum experience, refine your existing goals and/or develop new goals for your continued education and professional practice. Be sure to consider the NAPNAP Position Statement on Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs at https://www.napnap.org/napnap-revises-position-statement-on-children-and-youth-with-special-health-care-needs/Links to an external site.
Use at least 3 resources in your response. Make sure you cite the sources using APA format (7th edition).
Follow the RUBRIC in the next pages.
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssimilation and Synthesis: Content Reflection 50 to >44.0 pts
Reflection demonstrates a high level of critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and theories from readings, lectures, and/or discussions. Insightful and relevant connections are made through contextual explanations and examples. 44 to >39.0 pts
Reflection demonstrates a moderate level of critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and theories from readings, lectures, and/or discussions. Connections are made through explanations and/or examples. 39 to >34.0 pts
Reflection demonstrates minimal critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and theories from readings, lectures, and/or discussions. Minimal connections are made through explanations and/or examples. 34 to >0 pts
Reflection lacks critical thinking. Superficial connections are made with key course concepts and resources, and/or assignments
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssimilation and Synthesis: Personal Growth 30 to >27.0 pts
Expresses solid evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates substantial personal growth and awareness of deeper meaning through inferences, well-developed insights, and significant depth in awareness and challenges. Synthesizes current experience into future implications. 27 to >23.0 pts
Expresses moderate evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates satisfactory personal growth and awareness through some inferences, insights, and challenges. There is mention of the future implications of student’s current experience. 23 to >20.0 pts
Expresses minimal evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates less than adequate personal growth and awareness through limited or simplistic inferences made, insights, and/or challenges that are not well developed. Minimal thought of future implications of student’s current experience. 20 to >0 pts
Expresses inadequate evidence of reflection on own work. Personal growth and awareness are not evident and/or demonstrate an impersonal experience. Lacks personal insights, challenges, inferences, and/or future implications are overlooked.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWritten Expression and Formatting 15 to >13.0 pts
Well written and clearly organized using standard English, characterized by elements of a strong writing style and basically free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors. 13 to >11.0 pts
Above average writing style and logically organized using standard English with minor errors in grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling. 11 to >10.0 pts
Average writing style that is sometimes unclear and/or with some errors in grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling. 10 to >0 pts
Poor writing style lacking in standard English, clarity, language used, and/or frequent errors in grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling. Needs work.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA 5 to >4.0 pts
No APA errors 4 to >3.5 pts
Contains 1-2 APA errors 3.5 to >3.0 pts
Contains 3-5 APA errors 3 to >0 pts
Contains > 5 APA errors
Total Points: 100
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.