BIOLOGICAL AND EVOLUTIONARY AND INTEGRATIVE PERSONALITY THEORIES Based on your readings for this Week, access the Personality Theory Matrix and complete the requested information in?Col
BIOLOGICAL AND EVOLUTIONARY AND INTEGRATIVE PERSONALITY THEORIES
Based on your readings for this Week, access the Personality Theory Matrix and complete the requested information in Column G section for Biological and Evolutionary Theory and Column H section for Integrative Theory. You can use this information to support your Discussion post and response this week.
Note: Continue to populate the Personality Theory Matrix spreadsheet you began in Week 2 to guide your learning about personality theories for your Module Assessment and submit it in Week 8 as part of your Module Assessment.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.
Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
- Cervone, D., & Pervin, L. A. (2019). Personality: Theory and research (14th ed.). Wiley.
- Chapter 9, “Biological Foundations of Personality” (pp. 241–272)
- Damasio, H. (2018). Phineas Gage: The brain and the behavior. Revue Neurologique, 174(10), 738–739. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neurol.2018.09.005
- Epstein, S. (2012). Cognitive-experiential self-theory: An integrative theory of personality Download Cognitive-experiential self-theory: An integrative theory of personality. In I. B. Weiner, H. A. Tennen & J. M. Suls, (Eds.), Handbook of psychology, Vol. 5: Personality and social psychology (2nd ed., pp. 93–118). Wiley. [Seminal]
Credit Line: Handbook of Psychology, Volume 5, Personality and Social Psychology, 2nd Edition by Irving B. Weiner, Howard A. Tennen, Jerry M. Suls. Copyright 2012–Present by John Wiley & Sons. Reprinted by permission of John Wiley & Sons via the Copyright Clearance Center.
- Fajkowska, M., & DeYoung, C. G. (2015). Introduction to the special issue on integrative theories of personality. Journal of Research in PersonalityLinks to an external site., 56, 1–3.
- Michalski, R. L., & Shackelford, T. K. (2010). Evolutionary personality psychology: Reconciling human nature and individual differences. Personality and Individual DifferencesLinks to an external site., 48(5), 509–516.
- Prochaska, J. O., & Norcross, J. C. (2018). The case of Mrs. C. Download The case of Mrs. C.In, Systems of Psychotherapy: A Transtheoretical Analysis (9th ed., pp. 15–17). Oxford University Press.
Credit Line: SYSTEMS OF PYSCHOTHERAPY: A Transtheoretical Analysis, 9th Edition, by James O. Prochaska and John C. Norcross. Copyright 2018 by Oxford University Press. Reprinted by permission of Oxford University Press via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Note: You will use this personality case study to complete your Assignments in Weeks 2-6 and your Module Assessment. Download this case study and continue to use it throughout this Module.
- Sanchez-Roige, S., Gray, J. C., MacKillop, J., Chen, C.‐H., & Palmer, A. A. (2018). The genetics of human personality. Genes, Brain and BehaviorLinks to an external site., 17(3), 1–13.
- van Rijn, B., & Wild, C. (2013). Humanistic and integrative therapies for anxiety and depression: Practice-based evaluation of transactional analysis, gestalt, and integrative psychotherapies and person-centered counseling. Transactional Analysis JournalLinks to an external site., 43(2), 150–163.
- Review the Learning Resources, focusing on theorists, cultural considerations, assessments/interventions, limitations, and unique aspects of both psychoanalytic theory and trait theory.
BY DAY 4
Post one key idea from the biological or evolutionary theoretical orientation and one from the integrative theoretical orientation. What is a main difference between these theoretical orientations? What is similar between these theories? Which one do you more closely align with?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.