For this assignment, you will consider the needs of employees as they navigate a specific stage of the employee life cycle. To do this, you will complete a SWOT analysis to evaluate te
Module Four explores how human resources can leverage new technologies to support the organization through all stages of the employee life cycle. When HR professionals design an employee life cycle plan, it is usually aligned with employee experience and engagement strategies.
For this assignment, you will consider the needs of employees as they navigate a specific stage of the employee life cycle. To do this, you will complete a SWOT analysis to evaluate technical tools HR could employ to improve employee experience and engagement during the employee selection phase of the employee life cycle.
A SWOT analysis is a valuable tool for identifying and evaluating the challenges and opportunities facing an organization, their tools, and their resources. Review the “What Is SWOT?” video in the Resources section of Module Four for more details, but as a refresher, a SWOT analysis consists of the following:
- S—Strengths (What does the tool do well? What unique features does it have that an organization can use to improve their workforce practices?)
- W—Weaknesses (Are there legal risks to using this tool? What capabilities is the system lacking?)
- O—Opportunities (Does the tool improve employee engagement, hiring practices, etc.? Does the tool help with current workplace trends?)
- T—Threats (What obstacles does the tool present? For example, does it require extensive training for use, or is it too complex for implementation?)
Before you begin, download the Module Four Assignment SWOT Analysis Template provided in the What to Submit section.
Then, select two of the tools from the list below to review in a SWOT analysis.
- Gender Decoder: This tool is a gender bias decoder that allows recruiters to post jobs that are free of words or phrases associated with masculine or feminine stereotypes. These words can unconsciously influence the jobs people apply for and create legal or ethical dilemmas resulting in bias. This tool is used during the recruitment phase of an employee’s life cycle.
- Interview stream: This site offers a free, virtual specialized interview platform that simplifies the process for external candidates, internal employees, hiring managers, and recruitment teams. This tool is used during the interview phase of an employee’s life cycle.
- TypingTest.com: This tool can be utilized to evaluate typing skills for administrative roles (e.g., receptionist, data entry administrators, administrative assistants, etc.). This tool is used during the interview and assessment phase of an employee’s life cycle.
- SurveyMonkey: This survey is utilized to administer tests or assessments for candidates on pertinent subjects, or you can survey applicants about their interview experience. This tool is used during the interview and assessment phase of an employee’s life cycle.
After completing your SWOT analysis of the two tools, you will choose which tool you would recommend if your HR department could purchase only one of them. You will include your justification for the selected tool’s long-term benefits for the organization.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria in your analysis and recommendation:
- Analyze the strengths of each tool: For example, consider ease of use, positive user experience, or the ability for self-service.
- Analyze the weaknesses of each tool: For example, consider if the tool is too complex or unstable, or if there are data security issues.
- Analyze the opportunities each tool can provide: For example, consider if the tool might decrease turnaround time or improve employee engagement.
- Analyze the threats that each tool imposes: For example, consider the frequency of system updates or if there have been security breaches.
- Recommend the tool that would provide the best long-term benefits for the organization and explain why.
What to Submit
Your assignment must be submitted as the Microsoft Word template, which you must upload in the assignment area of Brightspace. Any sources used should be cited according to APA style.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.