What is the relationship between levels of CD4 lymphocytes and the likelihood of clinical complications from AIDS? 2. ?????Why does the United States Public Health Service
Instructions: Read the following case study and answer the reflective questions.
– Formatted and cited in current APA 7
– The discussion must address the topic
– Rationale must be provided
– Use at least 600 words (no included 1st page or references in the 600 words)
– Use 3 academic sources. Not older than 5 years
– Not Websites are allowed.
– Plagiarism is NOT allowed
AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
The patient, a 30-year-old homosexual man, complained of unexplained weight loss, chronic diarrhea, and respiratory congestion during the past 6 months. Physical examination revealed right-sided pneumonitis. The following studies were performed:
Complete blood cell count (CBC), p. 174
Hemoglobin (Hgb), p. 259
12 g/dL (normal: 14-18 g/dL)
Hematocrit (Hct), p. 256
36% (normal: 42%-52%)
Chest X-ray, p. 1014
Right-sided consolidation affecting the posterior lower lung
Bronchoscopy, p. 587
No tumor seen
Lung biopsy, p. 738
Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PCP)
Stool culture, p. 855
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) serology, p. 297
Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
Lymphocyte immunophenotyping, p. 306
280 (normal: 600-1500 cells/mL)
18% (normal: 60%-75%)
0.58 (normal: >1.0)
Human immune deficiency virus (HIV) viral load, p. 297
1. Diagnostic Analysis: establish a diagnostic analysis of this case supported by a clinical guideline :
-summary of signficiant clinical data
– create a diagnostic rationale of the case including diagnosis and clinical data that support it
Critical Thinking Questions
1. What is the relationship between levels of CD4 lymphocytes and the likelihood of clinical complications from AIDS?
2. Why does the United States Public Health Service recommend monitoring CD4 counts every 3 to 6 months in patients infected with HIV?
Collepals.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.