PowerPoint Presentation Assignment
39164POWERPOINT PRESENTATION ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
For this assignment, you will create a professional looking PowerPoint presentation on an operations management topic covered in this course. The scenario is that your supervisor has assigned you the task of presenting a 30-minute training session on this topic. You need to research your topic and prepare an engaging PowerPoint that would be used as a visual aid in for your presentation.
The course textbook will be a great resource when looking for a topic that relates to some aspect of operations management. Some examples of topics include (but are not limited to):
• How to deploy a successful quality improvement program
• Tips to effective demand forecasting
• How to create a meaningful and impactful mission statement
• What the keys to successful project management are
It is recommended that you pick a topic of interest and then do some research to make sure you can find five credible sources – more about credible sources below. Once you are certain you can locate five credible sources, begin creating your PowerPoint presentation.
I. Title Slide
• This will be the first slide of your PowerPoint (and is NOT considered a content slide).
• This slide will include the following: title of your presentation, your full name, class name & section number, and your institution (Liberty University).
II. Content Slides
• A minimum of 10 content slides must be included.
• All content slides must contain speaker notes.
• Speaker notes are a presenter’s “cheat sheet” if you will. In other words, speaker notes are hidden from your audience, but you are able to view them while presenting.
• Speaker notes are NOT a copy of the information on your slide. Instead, speaker notes expand upon and/or offer further clarification regarding points on each slide.
o To add speaker notes, go to the Notes pane under the slide where you will see “Click to add notes”.
III. Reference Slide
• This slide will be the last slide(s) of your PowerPoint (and is NOT considered a content slide).
• This slide (or slides) will contain all sources used in your PowerPoint presentation.
• Sources must be formatted according to current APA formatting guidelines.
• In addition to current APA formatting guidelines, the inclusion of the complete URL (sometimes called a permalink) is required for all full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database. Note that this is not the same as the doi #. The URL must take your reader directly to the full text article within Liberty’s online library journal database. If you’re unsure about the specific URL/link, you can copy the entire web address from the top of the browser’s address bar once you are viewing the full text article within Liberty’s online library journal database.
• A minimum of four credible sources must be used within your presentation. Required, credible sources include:
o Four full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database.
o Two of the above four full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles must be within the last 7 years.
o The course textbook (as listed on the course syllabus).
o You are able to include additional sources, other than the four credible sources listed above; however, they must be full-text articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database.
• Sources NOT acceptable for this assignment:
o No textbooks (including e-books), other than the course textbook/ebook (as listed on the course syllabus)
o No general Internet searching is acceptable. Therefore, no blogs, education sites, commercial sites, Wikipedia, About.com, editorials, abstracts, online books, book reviews, etc.
V. Avoiding Plagiarism
• Create an original PowerPoint presentation; previously submitted work from this or another course is considered self-plagiarism and is prohibited.
• Provide citations for the following:
o All statements, ideas, & thoughts (whether paraphrased or directly quoted) used from an outside source.
o Tables, data, images, etc. used from an outside source.
o All citations should be formatted according to the most current APA formatting guidelines and should directly follow the information used from an outside source.
o All sources used must be formatted on your reference slide(s), according to current APA formatting guidelines.
VI. Other Requirements and Reminders:
• Must be created in Microsoft PowerPoint and uploaded through the assignment link as a .ppt or .pptx file.
• Individual slides and the overall design of your presentation must be professional and engaging.
• A running header or page numbers are not required.
• An abstract is not required.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Collepals.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.