HR Management Plan Job Aid that describes one specific type of discrimination, whom it covers, and the source of the legal requirements. Include a general discriminat
Write a 2-3 page HR Management Plan Job Aid that describes one specific type of discrimination, whom it covers, and the source of the legal requirements. Include a general discrimination policy statement for CapraTek.
Title VII permits religious organizations to discriminate on the basis of religion. However, non-religious employers are prohibited from discriminating on the basis of religion if there is no bona fide occupational qualification and no legitimate business necessity for it.
If an employer does not engage in intentional religious discrimination, should the employer still be concerned about religious discrimination? An employer must be proactive in evaluating and implementing workplace policies, so that they do not have unintended negative impacts on an employee's ability to exercise his or her religious beliefs. This level of proactivity also includes making accommodations for employees who need them. Religious accommodations must be reasonable and not cause undue hardship on the employer, however. The EEOC considers the following factors when determining whether or not an accommodation constitutes an undue hardship on an employer:
- The burden the accommodation places on the employer.
- The cost of the accommodation.
- Whether there is a degree of flexibility available—meaning whether the employer can reasonably create a flexible work schedule.
- Whether it is possible for the employer to change the employee's work assignment.
- Whether a lateral transfer of the employee is possible.
- Whether the accommodation would result in a violation of the workplace seniority system.
- Whether other employees agree to participate in accommodating the employee with the religious request.
Bennett-Alexander, D. D., & Hartman, L. P. (2019). Employment law for business (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill Irwin.
Discrimination in the workplace can take many different forms. Some are obvious (for example, sex, race, or national origin). Other forms of discrimination are less obvious (for example, age, pregnancy, language, sexual preference, or disability). As an HRM professional, you are responsible for structuring and communicating an organization's discrimination policies and procedures—the proactive strategies that are aimed to protect the company and its employees—as well as the reactive procedures to follow in response to violations. Your boss has tasked you with developing a general discrimination policy for CapraTek, as part of a Management Plan Job Aid that addresses one form of discrimination.
For this assessment, create a CapraTek HR Management Plan Job Aid that promotes best practices for preventing one form of discrimination in the workplace, (i.e. race, gender, disability, religion, age, or any other discrimination covered by Federal or state laws).
Structure your job aid as follows:
- Describe the one form of discrimination that your plan will address; include the sources of the legal requirements that prevent this form of discrimination.
- Be sure to specifically identify whom this covers—i.e. the Equal Pay Act protects females.
- Develop a general discrimination policy statement for CapraTek for a specific category.
- Explain the rationale.
- Propose how the discrimination policies will be communicated, including relevant legal notices (i.e. employee handbook, meetings, etc.).
- Recommend the training that would be needed to support the existing CapraTek Employee Handbook Section on Discrimination and Harassment [PDF].
- Recommend the reporting and investigation procedures that protect both the company and the employees.
- Support your main points with credible evidence.
- You may find the following Capella Campus pages useful when completing this assessment:
The deliverable for this assessment applies professional skills in Human Resources Management (HRM) to workplace situations which you will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in HRM. As part of your learning, we focus on the development of effective professional communication skills for the workplace.
- Length: Your Executive Summary should be 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages, including the resources page.
- Organization: Make sure that your assessment writing is well-organized, using headings and subheadings to organize content for the reader.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- Resources: Use two scholarly, peer-reviewed or academic sources.
- Evidence: Support your assertions with data and in-text citations, and create a reference list at the end of your documents.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Written communication:
- Support recommendation with relevant and credible evidence.
- Write for a specific audience, using the vernacular of the profession.
- Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and grammar.
You should consider adding this assessment to your personal ePortfolio. This assessment demonstrates your ability to examine a type of discrimination and its legal requirements. This skill is necessary in a professional setting when you are trying to create a general discrimination policy statement for the workplace. You will want to organize your assessments to easily support future reflection and completion of your HRM capstone project as well as for showcasing your knowledge with employers after graduation. For more information on ePortfolio, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the makeup of a legally compliant workplace on organizational performance and productivity.
- Describe a specific type of discrimination, who it covers, and the source of the legal requirements.
- Competency 2: Assess the nature of workplace legal action.
- Propose how the discrimination policies will be communicated, including relevant legal notices.
- Competency 3: Apply the strategies and tactics for conducting legally compliant workplace investigations.
- Recommend the reporting and investigation procedures that protect both the company and employees.
- Competency 4: Formulate action plans to implement management strategies to create a legally compliant workplace.
- Develop a general discrimination policy for CapraTek for a specific category.
- Recommend training strategies to communicate policies for a legally compliant workplace to employees.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for HR professionals.
- Support main points, assertions, arguments, conclusions, or recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.
Collepals.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.