Identifying candidates for leadership roles is a significant task that
Identifying candidates for leadership roles is a significant task that should involve structure and objectivity. School administrators must establish procedures to select leaders who will fulfill their responsibilities while sustaining a culture of collaboration, trust, learning, and high expectations. Administrators also need to establish clear expectations for those leaders, and processes by which to monitor the performances of the empowered leaders.
Read the following case study to inform this assignment.
You are a first-year principal meeting with your leadership team for the first time. The team consists of an equal representation from each grade level, special areas, content areas, and special education. Historically, these leadership team positions have been hard to fill. There are long-serving teachers who are guarded and resistant to change, as well as less experienced, enthusiastic teachers who have served one year on the team.
There is a nominal stipend tied to these leadership positions. It has been shared with you that the stipend does not serve as a motivator to apply for the job. There are no specific protocols, criteria, or expectations tied to these positions. Additionally, the assistant principal has shared with you that the majority of the leadership team members currently in place would prefer not to serve on the team.
In 750-1,000 words, write a narrative that contains an action plan for identifying and empowering instructional leaders who will sustain a culture of collaboration, trust, learning, and high expectations.
Part 1: Analyze the Case
Address the following questions to begin analyzing the situation:
- Who are the stakeholders that should be included in the conversation relative to the next steps? What questions should be asked? Are these individual conversations, a group discussion, or both?
- What should you consider when determining the next steps?
- What does the timeline look like?
Part 2: Identify the Larger Issues
Address the following questions to analyze the contextual issues present in the situation:
- How do you intend to honor the work done by the previous year’s leadership team?
- What are the potentially positive and negative outcomes of doing nothing?
- What are the potentially positive and negative outcomes of taking action?
- What additional information do you need as part of your decision-making process?
Part 3: Create an Action Plan
Use the following questions to guide you in describing what approach you will take to identify and empower instructional leaders:
- What is your plan to create a culture that encourages teachers to take on leadership roles and responsibilities?
- What is your plan moving forward relative to the selection process? Include 3-5 action steps.
- How will you include the critical stakeholders in the decision-making process?
- What challenges do you anticipate when creating a leadership team? How do you plan to address those challenges?
- How will you establish or gain teacher support in your efforts?
- How do you plan to release the current leadership team members with compassion, yet empower and restore hope for the new leadership team in a way that promotes personal and professional growth?
Support your analysis and plan with 2-3 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Need Assignment Help?
Visit Collepals.com Now
Collepals.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.