The purpose of this assignment is to help?pre-nursing students apply the concept of medication reconciliation to a client scenario.? This activity is designed to help?the pre-nu
The purpose of this assignment is to help pre-nursing students apply the concept of medication reconciliation to a client scenario. This activity is designed to help the pre-nursing student develop clinical reasoning skills and develop safe medication practices that relate to the process of medication reconciliation. Remember from the lecture that a complete medication reconciliation can save the lives of your future clients.
- Explain the process of medication reconciliation
- Identify best-practices for medication reconciliation
- Apply the concept of medication reconciliation to the client scenario
- Explain how to identify and reconcile medication discrepancies
- Identify who should be involved in the medication reconciliation process
Conduct medication reconciliation by using the client scenario provided on the assignment document (located here: Medication Reconciliation Assignment Spring 2023 AO.docx) and your Davis Drug Guide for Nurses. Be sure to include the following in your final submission:
- Question 1. Explain and describe the five steps of the medication reconciliation process.
- Question 2. Analyze the client scenario for the following:
- Omission(s) (medications that are not continued from the home medication list): List omission(s) and explain why the medication(s) were removed.
- Additions (new medications): List additions and provide a rationale as to why the medications were added.
- Duplications (multiple medications, either the same drug or the same pharmacological classification): List the duplications and explain potential harms that can occur to the client if both medications were taken.
- Question 3. Identify potential risks associated between the client’s medications and the client’s situation, medical history, and allergies.
- Question 4. Identify and describe potential drug-to-drug interactions and prioritize the drug interactions using the ABCs and Maslow’s.
- Question 5. Identify independent nursing actions that should be implemented to address the concerns identified in questions (2-4) and provide a reason for each action.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.