Prompt Although we would like to think that we always communicate effectively with those around us, the reality is that often the things we say, the way we say them, and the nonverbal
Although we would like to think that we always communicate effectively with those around us, the reality is that often the things we say, the way we say them, and the nonverbal cues we give end up creating communication barriers with others. Sometimes this results in a communication breakdown. In this journal, you will recall a communication error that you committed in a professional or work setting. Focus your journal on the things you said, the way you said them, and the nonverbal cues you gave that ended up creating a situation that did not go at all like you intended.
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Identify a situation in which your communication style/approach caused a breakdown in communication with another person.
- Briefly describe the situation. Feel free to change names or other identifying information for privacy purposes.
- Describe how your verbal communication created a barrier between you and the other person.
- What did you say (intentionally or unintentionally) that may have offended or upset the other person?
- Describe how your nonverbal communication created a barrier between you and the other person.
- What nonverbal cues did you display (intentionally or unintentionally) that may have offended or upset the other person?
- Describe what you would have changed to improve the communication between you and the other person.
- How could you have changed your verbal or nonverbal communication to better communicate with the other person?
- What verbal or nonverbal communications from the other person did you miss or ignore that you wish you had reacted to?
- What was the impact of your communication style in this circumstance?
Guidelines for Submission
This assignment must be 150–300 words in length. Any references must be cited in APA format. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.
Note: For journal assignments, you can receive a Proficient, Needs Improvement, or Not Evident score on each of your rubric criteria. There is no Exemplary score for this assignment, because you will receive feedback and make revisions to improve beyond proficiency in these concepts.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.