poetry multi-part question
ANSWER AT LEAST TWO OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
* The questions are based on “Tough Guise”. “Tough Guise 2” does not answer all of the questions, but it is the up-to-date version of the documentary, and incorporates mass shootings and new evidence by Jackson Katz. If you wish to post about a question not asked that applies to “Tough Guise 2”, you may do so alternatively. Enjoy!
Questions for Tough Guise? by Jackson Katz
1. What is the documentarys thesis? Identify Katzs main argument.
2. Who benefits from examining masculinity as defined by Katz?
3. According to Katz, what images of masculinity does the media offer as normal?
4. How do dominant groups remain invisible and unexamined?
5. What is hidden when the passive voice is used (i.e. Women were raped ??)?
6. Why did the film, Thelma and Louise,? cause such a stir?
7. Katz claims that media representations illustrate whats going on in society. What does he say the changes in representations of the body illustrate?
8. What social movements rose in the 50s & 60s to challenge the dominant white heterosexual male power and privilege?
9. What is the backlash? that Katz defines?
10. What does Katz say feminism? is?
11. How does gay bashing maintain a strict definition of heterosexuality??
12. What did the Apollo Creed/Mohammad Ali character in Rocky threaten?
13. Are images in the media accidental? Who chooses them?
14. Katz claims that masculinity is performed in response to social and cultural pressures. What does Katz mean by masculinity is performed??
15. Why do young white men act black??
16. What is sexualized violence?
17. Does Katz claim that violence against women is natural? What do media representations of masculinity encourage men to do?
18. According to Katz, men are not islands unto themselves? like the Marlboro man. How do such representations affect mens emotional and mental health?
19. How can portrayals of men include aspects of vulnerability?
20. Can you identify any media representations of men being vulnerable?
21. How does Katz redefine courage?
*If you find that all of the questions have been answered, then elaborate on someone else’s answer. Do NOT plagiarize another student’s answer!
Discussion Board (details): Standard posting for your first post is 250 words minimum
Requirements: 250 words minimum
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.