Identify a problem about language and/or translation that the text seeks to address. (For example: Why do people speak different languages?? or How do we deal with a single word that has mul
About two double-spaced pages, using 1” margins and a readable 12-point font such as Times New
Roman. That is about 500 words.
- Identify a problem about language and/or translation that the text seeks to address. (For example:
“Why do people speak different languages?” or “How do we deal with a single word that has multiple
meanings”? This problem should provide the title to your response paper.
- Quote from the text to show how the author addresses that problem, making sure to explain what
the quote means in your own words (paraphrase). Find a second example if you can, and do the same.
- Apply the author’s position to a present-day example. This should be your own idea.
- Offer a counter-example, a challenge, or a counter-argument against the author’s position. Does
a later quote in the text undermine the position you identified in step 3? If so, your counter-argument can be found within the text, so give another quote and explain it in your own words, as above. The best papers will engage with at least two substantial quotes from the text (see assessment rubric).
- End with a question that your discussion of this problem has left you with. “If so, then what?” Keep your questions open-ended: that is, not answerable with fact, or by direct and immediate reference to the text. You are not expected to answer this question. Just show that the process of thinking through an idea and its counter-arguments has brought you somewhere.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.