Using EBPH to Define and Quantify the Extent of the Public Health Problem Note: Your response and comments to this assignment will be laying the foundation for work that you will lat
Using EBPH to Define and Quantify the Extent of the Public Health Problem
Note: Your response and comments to this assignment will be laying the foundation for work that you will later complete as part of your final project.
A clear statement of the issue provides a concrete basis for a priority setting process that is objective. This then leads to better program planning, intervention, and evaluation. A fully articulated issue statement includes a complete description of the problem, potential solutions, data sources, and health-related outcomes.
In order to provide a complete description of the problem, the problem must first be quantified. In quantifying the health issue or disease, the application of the appropriate epidemiologic tools is necessary to obtain the answers to certain questions while conducting the community assessment. The community assessment should include the health condition or risk factor being considered, the population affected, the size and scope of the problem, prevention opportunities, and potential stakeholders. This task requires basic epidemiologic skills to obtain additional information about the frequency of the health condition or risk factor in an affected population.
Going back to the public health problem, issue, situation, or concern that you identified for W1: Assignment 3, develop a concise statement of your problem. Your statement must be clear and well-articulated including a description of the problem, potential solutions, data sources, and health-related outcomes. The statement of your problem will serve as the basis for your research purpose or objective, which will be very critical in the application of the evidence-based process which in turn leads to better program planning, program intervention, and program evaluation.
- Using the strategies and concepts taught for searching, evaluating, and retrieving EBPH resources and literature, identify five (5) peer-reviewed scientific articles that have information that can be used to quantify the extent of your specific health problem. Ensure that none of these articles are more than 5 years old.
- Analyze and evaluate three of the five articles with the intent to quantify the extent of your public health problem, issue, situation, or concern.
- Use the epidemiology training and skills from the course to assess the extent of your problem, issue, situation, or concern by identifying and evaluating the risk factors being considered, the population affected, the size and scope of the problem, prevention opportunities, and potential stakeholders from the three peer-reviewed articles.
- As part of quantifying the public health condition, obtain the disease rates of the health condition or risk factor in an affected population and analyze and assess if any patterns of the disease exist within subgroups of the defined population.
Utilize assigned and suggested weekly readings, the South University online library, the Internet readings, and references to search, evaluate, and retrieve relevant EBPH literature to support your responses.
- Write a 5-7 page, double-spaced paper in Word format. Cite all sources on a separate page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_W3_Project.doc.
- By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
NOTE: identify five (5) peer-reviewed scientific articles. Thanks
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.