NR544 Quality and Safety Core Elective
Week 5 Assignment
Risk Evaluation and Patient Safety
The Week 3 assignment looked at an existing problem or issue related to quality and patient safety and strategies to improve the outcome related to that issue. This week’s assignment will focus on assessing a potential risk to the organization and developing a strategy to reduce this risk.
Those who are affected by the risk include staff, patients, and the organization as a whole. Not only do organizations need to protect patients and staff, they also need to strive for excellence so that risks are reduced. When conducting the risk assessment, it is important to understand the population that the organization is serving. Not all states, cities, or even neighborhoods are alike. Keep these helpful tips in mind while beginning this assignment and reach out to your instructor if you have questions on your topic.
The Week 5 Assignment is due at the end of Week 5, Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT. The rubric and guidelines for this assignment are located and listed below.
Week 5: Risk Evaluation and Patient Safety (Links to an external site.)
The purpose of this assignment is to (a) provide examples of a potential risk concern in your organization, (b) apply basic principles of risk management and risk reporting to a healthcare risk management concern, (c) demonstrate an understanding of risk management tools by correctly choosing and using them in specific cases, (d) recognize the extent of problems in patient safety in medical care, and (e) explore the contributing factors for this adverse medical outcome.
Through this assessment, the student will demonstrate the ability to do the following.
Analyze the effects of regulation, legislation, and accreditation on healthcare quality improvement. (CO 2)
Use critical inquiry to evaluate the design, implementation, and outcomes of quality and safety improvement strategies. (CO 3)
Advance knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for the continuous improvement of quality and safety in healthcare. (CO 5)
Assignment Criteria for the Paper
1. Identify a potential risk within a healthcare organization and provide the rationale for choosing this issue.
2. Discuss the risk management elements and patient safety strategies in this issue.
3. Complete a literature review related to this issue.
4. Discuss the risk assessment measures related to internal and external environmental factors, and mechanism.
5. Discuss use of human factors, engineering, and other factors to improve patient safety.
6. Use a risk theory and apply it to the patient safety issue.
7. Integrate two QSEN competencies within your plan to mitigate this risk-related issue.
8. The body of the scholarly paper is to be 3–5 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages.
9. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing and APA format as expressed in the current edition.
10. Include a minimum of four references published within the past 5 years, not including your textbook. References may include scholarly websites of organizations or government agencies and must be presented using APA current edition format for electronic media.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.