****Tutor in the United States is needed****
Constructing research reports are a major part of the research process. This assignment will assist you in beginning to prepare your research proposal, which will be completed in your capstone course.
Save multiple copies of this Research Report in different locations to ensure you are able to revise it in the PSY-495 Professional Capstone course.
Be sure to review Chapters 15 & 16 of the textbook before beginning the assignment.
Here are the requirements for the Research Proposal (1,250 to 1,500 words). Include 8-10 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources within the last five years:
Title Page, Abstract page, and References page in APA format (10%). Please refer to the APA style guide regarding the difference between an abstract and an introduction.
Introductory section (20%): This is the longest section of your paper. Begin with an introductory paragraph that states the purpose of the paper. Then, go into detail on your literature review. Begin with a general review of your topic and move to specific studies that are similar to your proposal. Show how your proposal is different from what has been done before. Build to a paragraph that includes your hypothesis (-ses).
1. Develop your problem statement.
2. Develop a hypothesis on the topic you selected.
3. Include the hypothesis you submitted for Topic 3 DQ 2 (Online) or sent to instructor (Onground). Use the feedback you receive from the discussion questions to revise your hypothesis if necessary.
Body of the Report:
1. Method section (20%): This part has four sections (each of which is a subheading): (a) Participants– Explain how many participants will be involved in the study. What will be their relevant characteristics (age, gender, race, etc.)? How will they be recruited? Provide additional information to for clarity; (b) Apparatus/ Materials/ Instruments– What materials or instruments will be used in the experiment? What ingredients will you need to run your study (tests, gadgets, paper/ pencils, etc.)? Clearly state if the instrument is self-created or used in a previous study; (c) Procedure– Provide a clear description of all procedures to be followed in the study. Will there be groups? Will there be manipulation to control variables? Provide the steps of the study in chronological order for the reader. Write in the conditional tense since the study will not be carried out; and (d) Design– Briefly explain the design of the experiment and why that is the best design for your study. (e.g., correlational non-experimental design, between-subjects, within-subjects, or mixed experimental design). Describe the independent variable and the corresponding levels and the dependent variable and the level of measurement.
2. Results (20%): This section may be combined with the Discussion section. Include a paragraph describing what statistic will be used (e.g., t-test, ANOVA, correlation, chi-square), how many degrees of freedom, alpha level (choose .05), and critical value. (Do not create fake results.)
3. Discussion (20%): Include at least four paragraphs: (a) Describe what it would mean if significant results were obtained. Then describe what it would mean to obtain nonsignificant results; (b) Discuss how the study will follow APA ethical guidelines by discussing the use of an informed consent form, debriefing statement, deception, and obtaining IRB permission; (c) Discuss any limitations in the study (e.g., possible confounding, lack of random assignment or random sampling, etc.); and Conclude with a discussion of future studies that could arise from the present study.
References: Include at least 8-10 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years.
Appendices: Include two figures, OR two tables, OR a table and a figure (10%). A table consists of columns and rows of numbers or text, and a figure is anything else (chart, map, graph, etc.). For example, set up a table focusing on participants, include your individually created survey, use/cite tables from a previous study, refer to Chapter 14 summary table, include Informed Consent figure and/or Debriefing Form figure. If unsure, contact your instructor for confirmation of appendices.
Note: Refer to your PowerPoint slides from Topic 7 assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
2.1: Apply research design principles to investigate psychological hypotheses.
2.4: Interpret psychological phenomena using sound scientific reasoning.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.