Why do you think it may be problematic to simply identify a work of art as something that an artist makes?
Please see the assignment instructions page for important details on how to receive full credit!
Based upon this week’s reading found in the Overview, please respond to the following prompts/questions:
- In your own words, state and briefly explain the three criteria for determining whether something is a work of art. (50 word minimum)
- Why do you think it may be problematic to simply identify a work of art as something that an artist makes? Come up with some sort of example to illustrate this point. (50 word minimum)
- In your own words, describe the four basic concepts related primarily to the perceptual nature of a work of art. (50 word minimum)
- Describe how these four concepts operate together, paying extra-special attention to the role of participation. (100 word minimum)
- With regard to the Eddie Adams photograph (Figure 2-2 in the reading) and the Francisco Goya painting (Figure 2-3 in the reading), which do you find yourself participating with more and why, with regard to the concepts of artistic form, subject matter, and content? In other words, you must use these three concepts in your answer! (100 word minimum)
For your weekly reading question assignments, here are the general rules for full credit:
Answers should be thoughtful, well-developed, and in complete sentences. Grammar and spelling counts too, so please pay attention to these elements!
Each answer should be at least three sentences long, minimum. In terms of word count, I’m looking for 50-60 words per answer unless otherwise indicated.
Label each question set, and number the questions accordingly.
Do not include the questions themselves…just the answers.
Your Turnitin match number cannot exceed 20%. If you submit and get a report that exceeds 20%, you can look at the details of the report, edit your work, and resubmit BEFORE the deadline. Any submitted work that exceeds 20% after the deadline must receive a zero. See the Turnitin video below for more details.
If you submit your weekly assignments by 11:59pm on Fridays, I can guarantee you some feedback before the Sunday deadlines and an opportunity to resubmit if necessary. However, if you submit over the weekend, I can’t make the same guarantee and you might be stuck with whatever score you get come Monday morning!
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.