A challenging and much-needed skill is the ability to discover and to think about consumers’ and organizations’ needs in different cultures, to interpret those needs into products, and to market those products in ways which are meaningful to their target markets. This investigation asks you to put yourself in the role of the product manager who is searching for products to import to the US.
- Go to a shopping area that specializes in the native foods of some international ethnic group. There are shops that specialize in certain ethnic food products, such as Indian, Mexican, Korean, etc.
- Find/buy a product that you cannot identify; write down your first impressions of what you think the product is made of and what it is used for. Take a picture of it.
- What cues to usage are there on the product? If it is packaged, what information can you find? If it is not packaged, did the store signs give you any information? What information would you want as a consumer?
- Make notes about the store and in what section of the store your product is placed, i.e.: describe what products were near it. (If you do not recognize these products, describe what they look like). Take pictures.
- Attempt to interview store management or one of the retail clerks to find out what the product really is. You may not always be successful in this attempt! If you fail to find out, please select another product whose identity can be explained to you.
- Note the product’s current marketing mix (i.e., its price, store and placement in it, and promotion).
Marketing Strategy Report
Assume the role of a product manager who is searching for products to import to the US. Propose how the product might be marketable to a broader segment of people in the US (not just an ethnic minority group). Use the numbers below to outline your report. Your report submission should address the:
- Marketing Mix: Review each of the four aspects of the product’s current marketing mix (i.e., product, price, place and promotion) and discuss which components: (A) could be left standardized, (B) would need to be adapted in some minor ways, or (C) would require complete change. Justify your thinking.
- Consumers: Identify and justify the segment of consumers you would focus your marketing efforts upon.
- Positioning: Discuss how you would want to position this product in consumers’ minds (i.e., what two or three words would you use to describe this product) so that they would think it worth the cost. Create a tagline/slogan that you think fits the positioning which you could use to promote the product.
- Pros/Cons: Give the pros and cons of proceeding with this product.
- Market Research: Discuss the additional research that you would want in order to proceed to the next step.
- Appendix: Area with all supporting images.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.