A key aspect of applying various therapeutic approaches in Gestalt Group Therapy has to do with different experimentation. Gestalt therapy likes to focus on moving from talking about issues to creating actions for change. Experiments allow group members to practice these new behaviors in a safe and trusting environment.
Review some of the techniques/experiments in chapter 11 as listed below and CHOOSE ONEfor this task.
Experiments with Internal Dialogues
Making the Rounds
- The Exaggeration Technique
- Dream Work in Groups
- 1) Choose an Experiment – From the list above, choose one of these experiments to conduct with a “client.” While it would be nice for you to practice with a small group of individuals, you are only required to practice one of these techniques with one individual. So find another willing friend, family member, or coworker to be your fake client! Some of these exercises might require that you use a “group,” such as Making the Rounds. Reminder that it is important to practice applying these types of theories instead of simply reading about them!
- 2) Conduct Mock Experiment – Please know that you are on the Honor System to ensure that you conduct an actual mock experiment in this Advanced level Direct Practice concentration where experience and practice are key!
- Practice introducing the experiment to your “client” and explain what they will be doing and why
Complete Gestalt experiment of your choice from the list
Provide appropriate feedback to your client
Then practice closing your session by recapping and summarizing what was learned
3) Report on Your Experience – Provide a written summary of your experience in APA format. – 30 points
Provide insight into your client such as their age, gender, occupation, etc. but no name should be given.
Make sure you have headers to clearly identify and clarify the different sections covered.
- Cite your information within your paper when you reference information you used from the text as I will be looking to see where you took the information learned and applied it to your experiences.
- Your summary should identify what you did, how it went, and your thoughts/reflections on the process as well as your performance. Did it go well? Where there areas you could improve on? Did you like the experiment? Do you feel it would be beneficial? Is there anything your would change? How would you use this with an entire group versus just an individual?
- part 2
- As you read last week, our services have changed drastically since the Pandemic began. Many agencies and individual Social Workers began conducting teletherapy for the first time. There have of course been positive and negatives to moving to remote services. Listen to the following guidelines for implementing teletherapy and then post a 150 word reaction/response to the Discussion Board (DB). In addition to your general reactions/thoughts, be sure to answer the following questions:
What do you think are the advantages of teletherapy for our clients?
As a remote student, do you think services are effective when delivered remotely?
What are some of the major concerns or disadvantages of teletherapy?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.