I’m working on a african studies multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
- What are race, empire, and modernity? Drawing upon your readings, why is it important to conceptualize the Black Experience in America in the contexts of race, empire, modernity?
- What was Frederick Douglass’ frustration with the Fourth of July? Why was the Supreme Court’s decision in the Dred Scott case a severe blow to the aspirations of the slaves? Identify one long term impact of slavery on African Americans.
- Name a Black woman abolitionist other than Harriet Tubman and Sojourner Truth. What is her significance?
- Describe the “Pan African Ethos” of W.E.B. DuBois. Describe one way in which the thought of Du Bois advanced American democracy.
- How is the second phase of the CRM different from the first, according to Edward Ramsamy?
- What reforms were advocated by Ida B. Wells-Barnett as necessary to curb the national “epidemic” of lynching in the United States in her time? What parallels do you see between her time and ours?
- What is democracy? How can democracy offer a corrective to the ravages of globalization for African Americans? Using Hurricane Katrina as an example, discuss how unequal representation and distribution of resources in the United States, a so-called democracy, might have mitigated the impact of the hurricane on African Americans.
- In his article on Malcolm X and Black rage, Cornel West states that Malcolm X rejected the idea of hybridity in Black life. What is the problem with Malcolm X’s nationalist view on Black culture, according to West?
- Describe how “race” is a visual marker of difference based on, but separate from, appearance. Why is race not a scientific category? What does it mean to say that race is a “social construct”? If race aims to classify and categorize people based on assumptions stemming from their appearance, what is racism? What is “racialization?” Draw upon the articles by Olubayi and Tilghman in your answers.
- What is “nationalism”? Describe Ivan Van Sertima’s positions on nationalism and Afrocentrism, as discussed in the interview by Professor Ramsamy
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.