- Read your peers posts from the last Discussion assignment: “Applying CRAAP to Writing and Your Profession.” The purpose of this response is to aid your fellow classmate in extending on their analysis or ideas on how potential websites that they can use for their research.
- Post in response to this Discussion a response that includes reference to to at least two of your peers’ posts. It might be helpful to write two separate paragraphs and begin each paragraph by addressing the student by name.
- Review your classmates’ posts in this Discussion and see if any of your classmates have addressed your original post here. If so, please reply to their post and let them know what you learned by reading their feedback to you.
the last assignment was:
Search for three websites that can provide information on writing and communication in your field. For example, if you want to own your own business one day, you may consider exploring your local chamber of commerce to see what kind of forms and documents are required to start your own business. You may search, also, Miami University’s databases on topics and websites such as “Business Writing” that can provide you credible sources to assess. Here is another example: if you are planning to become a mechanical engineer, you will want to ask, “what sort of writing and communication will I need to do on a regular basis for my work?” To answer this question you ought to seek out a variety of online sources:
- A mechanical engineering company’s website to review public-facing writing
- Work-related descriptions of an engineer’s writing requirements
- Your own experiences with engineering course materials that can point you to websites that addresses writing in this field
- Articles about writing for an engineering field or a similar field.
You may consider other forms of communication beyond textual. Some professions do not require as much writing as others. Perhaps your field of work will ask you to do more person-to-person engagement and presentations, such as in real estate sales.
Clearly, there will be overlap in communication approaches across different industry: writing in professional ways or emailing. Stay away from the obvious and try to focus on the forms of writing and communication that is more specific and relevant to your profession of choice. If you can, imagine the actual work role you will take on. That is, if you plan to become a marketer, you may want to think of the industry in which you will be a marketer: sports management, service-related companies, web developing, non-profit work, and medicine are a few examples. This more focused context will help you with your search terms for researching websites.
Using the CRAAP principles that you have learned from the previous pages, examine three websites of your choice.
Create a memo report addressed to students interested in your field or recent graduates that are entering your field. Your tone should be formal and professional. Be sure to proofread carefully and organize information in ways that are audience-centered.
The goal of this assignment is to develop an effective memo that demonstrates the CRAAP assessment approach to websites related to writing in your profession. Take care to find Web sites that address the impact of COVID or the pandemic or related issues in some way as your long report will be taking this into consideration.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.