Government officials are taking action to address a chronic population health concern in your area. As a member of this community, you have a good understanding of the local demographics and population health issues, including the potential implications for policy making, health care systems, service utilization, clinical practice, education, and the workforce. In your role as a doctoral graduate and health care practitioner, you have been asked to:
- Evaluate key aspects (including the social determinants of health) of the selected population health issue from the topic list.
- Lead a coalition of your choosing (a coalition of community members and organizations, clinical providers, health care organizations, and civic and governmental agencies) to achieve the coalition’s goal(s), which may include prevention efforts, quality improvement, service utilization, and the reduction of health care costs.
This position requires the ability to lead a coalition, identifying potential barriers and best practices for communication and collaboration and addressing issues relevant to diversity and inclusion, ethical practice, and the use of evidence in the field to promote change. The focus of this paper and your analysis is leading the coalition versus resolving the population health topic selected!
For this assignment, you will use what you have learned about population health; interprofessional collaboration and communication; the principles of ethics, diversity, and inclusion in health care; and the ways in which scholar-practitioners lead the implementation of best practices in health care. You will apply these leadership competencies to plan the formation of a collaborative coalition to address a population-based health concern from a nursing, public health, or health administration perspective.
In your assignment preparation activity?in Week?2, you chose one of the topics as the population health concern that you and your assembled coalition will address:
TOPICS FOR THE PAPER: DEMONSTRATING EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
- Health disparities/social determinants of health: Focus on vulnerable or high-risk groups and on decreasing disparities between groups. You can select a specific group with a focus on experience of care, services, and resources (quality and satisfaction); improving the health of the population; and reducing per capita cost. This will be the focus for the coalition.
- Pandemic, for example, COVID-19: Focus on a vulnerable or high-risk group related to population health, including, for example, experience of care, services, and resources (quality and satisfaction); improving the health of the population; and reducing per capita cost. This will be the focus for the coalition.
- Asthma and children: Focus on a vulnerable or high-risk group, including experience of care, services, and resources (quality and satisfaction); improving the health of the population; and reducing per capita cost. This will be the focus for the coalition.
- Opioid addiction: Focus on a vulnerable or high-risk group, including experience of care, services, and resources (quality and satisfaction); improving the health of the population; and reducing per capita cost. This will be the focus for the coalition.
- Obesity: Focus on a vulnerable or high-risk group, including experience of care, services, and resources (quality and satisfaction); improving the health of the population; and reducing per capita cost. This will be the focus for the coalition.
In your activities in previous weeks, you identified four or five credible sources, published within the past five years (from peer-reviewed journals, other scholarly resources, professional industry publications, or assigned readings) to support your topic selection, assessment, and recommendations. (You may use additional sources, if you wish.) As you revise your writing, check out the resources listed on the Writing Center’s Writing Support page.
WRITE YOUR PAPER
To complete this assignment you need to create topic headings for each section as noted in the instructions and exemplar paper.
- Contributing Factors: Analyze the impact of factors that contribute to this chronic population health concern.
- Examine the situation from a population health perspective.
- Provide context surrounding this concern.
- Identify the affected groups, and the environmental, social, and financial factors.
- Coalition to Address the Population Health Topic Selected: Form a collaborative coalition to address this chronic population health concern.
- Consider, among others, key community members, stakeholders, constituents, clinical providers, administrators, health care and community organizations, and local civic and state agencies, etc., when making your selections.
- Select 5–10 members.
- Who must be included?
- How will member selection contribute to the goal?
- Develop a table as demonstrated here and in the exemplar paper to list your selections and the rationale for inclusion (add rows as needed):
- Issues Affecting Collaboration: What potential issues might arise affecting collaboration?
- Strategies to Optimize Collaboration: What strategies are needed to optimize collaboration and communication among coalition members?
- Ethical Considerations: Explain potential ethical issues that might be relevant for the coalition to consider in addressing its mission.
- Consider access to care, financial barriers, environmental constraints, and the distribution of resources.
- Explain how ethical principles, e.g., beneficence, non-maleficence, autonomy, justice, might be relevant for the coalition to consider in addressing its mission on a micro and meso level.
- Micro level: individual care encounters.
- Meso level: how systems are organized to deliver and ensure quality care for patients and populations (Ho & Pinney, 2016).
- Consider how the coalition might utilize one of the three professional ethical codes or a code relevant to your practice, e.g., public health, nursing,
health administration, in their work within the coalition and with the selected population.
- What evidence supports your conclusions?
- Collaboration, Diversity, and Inclusion: Explain the principles of diversity and inclusion applicable to the formation of your coalition and its interactions with the community.
- Consider the impact of a diverse team on achieving coalition goals.
- How would you work within the coalition to establish a culture of inclusion, respect, and value?
- How would you promote community engagement, cultural awareness, health equity, and access to resources? Resources can include, but are not limited to medications, transportation, and environmental resources.
- What are some best practices for communication for this group?
- What evidence supports your conclusions?
- Literature Review to Address the Population Health Topic Selected: Explain how literature and research in the field can be used to develop best practices for addressing this chronic population health concern.
- Locate two current, peer-reviewed studies published within the last five years that coalition members should consider as foundational to developing an evidence-based intervention for the situation.
- Briefly summarize the findings, then focus on how the coalition might use this information for their work, connecting with the scholar practitioner
model (from theory to evidenced-based practice).
Ho, A., & Pinney, S. (2016). Redefining ethical leadership in a 21st-century healthcare system. Healthcare Management Forum, 29(1), 39–42.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.